MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Article about: My reason for joining this forum obviously lies in authenticating some items in my collection. My father is German and his mother and her siblings lived in East Prussia before WW2. The whole

Default New Member

My reason for joining this forum obviously lies in authenticating some items in my collection. My father is German and his mother and her siblings lived in East Prussia before WW2. The whole family fled when the Russians came and to of my grandmothers brothers fought there. Hearing all these stories as a child got me interested in the topic ever since. Warrelics is a fascinating website and full of great info and I hope to continue learning about WW2 German Awards and insignia.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Member
    P
    Many

Welcome, I hope you find what you are looking for.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Welcome to the forum!

Great story and intro.. i am sure you will find many good hours of reading here.

Enjoy it here!

Welcome aboard!

Chris,

Welcome to the forum.. It sounds like your family history is very interesting.. If you haven't done so already, try to interview those in your family who remember these events.. It is very important to capture this history for future generations as well as for your family lineage, ancestry and history..

Looking forward to providing any assistance

Smitty

Quote by Rakkasan187 View Post
    Chris,

Welcome to the forum.. It sounds like your family history is very interesting.. If you haven't done so already, try to interview those in your family who remember these events.. It is very important to capture this history for future generations as well as for your family lineage, ancestry and history..

Looking forward to providing any assistance

Smitty
    Thank you. Unfortunately those family members passed away in the late 90's and early 2000's as they were in their late teens to early twenties in the war. And as a kids never thought of documenting anything. I'm working with my dad and other remaining relatives to piece things together. In any case it gave me a healthy interest in the subject and I look forward to learning more.

Thanks for your introduction. Many here love the history of the final years of Ostpreussen and some of us have the privilege of enjoying the friendship of those who fled in 1945 as children, during "Die Flucht" escaping the storm that broke out over their heads.
    We are anxious to know details of your family's history and to see the relics you keep.
    Best regards.

Santi