Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

New member from the Netherlands

Article about: Dear viewers, I joined the forum to help my investigation into the war history of an family friend. He was originally born in Poland (close to Plock) and became a prisoner of war and ended u

Default New member from the Netherlands

Dear viewers,

I joined the forum to help my investigation into the war history of an family friend. He was originally born in Poland (close to Plock) and became a prisoner of war and ended up in a Russian labour camp. He joined the army of General Anders in Persia and fought in the battle of Monte Cassino. Eventually he ended up in Vlissingen and met the love of his life. He passed away almost 20 years ago and for two years now, i have been trying to find out what happend with him during the war. He never spoke about his journey during his lifetime, so I only have an interview in a newspaper from a former employer and some medals. I have already contacted and visited the sikorski institute and have received information from the RAF. However this contains contradicting information. Currently i am translating the polish army files with some help of my good friend google, but the hand writing is somewhat difficult to understand.

I hope i can help people with their search for information and hope to find somebody who can help me connecting the dots.

Kind regards,

Bianca

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New member from the Netherlands
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Welcome Bianca

We have a nice active dedicated Polish section with helpful members. Good luck in your quest
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)