Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

new (young-ish) member and collector/history buff/enthusiast!

Article about: Hey, longtime, sorta young(I'm 27) enthusiast and history buff fortunate enough to have a supportive father who largely influenced and takes part in/finances most of the artifact collection

Default new (young-ish) member and collector/history buff/enthusiast!

Hey, longtime, sorta young(I'm 27) enthusiast and history buff fortunate enough to have a supportive father who largely influenced and takes part in/finances most of the artifact collection portion of the hobby. I wanted to post from time to time some of the we've come across or to get community opinions/takes on certain interesting items in the collection. We've got stuff spanning multiple generations and conflicts but the coolest/most concentrated (largely due to my childhood obsessions....) is the general WW2 as well as Third Reich stuff.

Within a sort of recent timeframe, I managed to snag a battle damaged M40 German helmet last year for fathers day that was unearthed at the sight of the heart of fighting within Stalingrad during the necessary digging preparations for the 2018 World Cup in Russia/Volgograd. The helmet's presumably a KIA example - big single blast hole with distortion on the backside so that's sort of morbid but fascinating to me. My dad on the other hand has recently been very (VERY, almost excessively) involved in procuring GI takehome swords from the Pacific.

So yeah, anyways, I hope to provide and partake in the community with that said - I hope this post proves I'm no bot or vendor spam

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement new (young-ish) member and collector/history buff/enthusiast!
    P
    Many

Welcome to the forum! You'll fit right in here, no doubt. From one sort-of-young enthusiast to another, enjoy your stay.

Regards, B.B.

?

Welcome to the site.

Semper Fi
    Phil