MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Raiders of the Lost Ark Collector : Original Costumes/Props

Article about: Hello, I'm Jason from Chicago and I'm glad to be here. Since 1981 I've been collecting Raiders of the Lost Ark memorabilia, but much more heavily in the past 20 years since the rise of Ebay.

?

Default Raiders of the Lost Ark Collector : Original Costumes/Props

Hello,
    I'm Jason from Chicago and I'm glad to be here. Since 1981 I've been collecting Raiders of the Lost Ark memorabilia, but much more heavily in the past 20 years since the rise of Ebay. My Grandfathers were in the European Campaign in WW2 and I took great interest in hearing their stories and growing up around their collections of original war relics. Perhaps this from such a young age is what sparked my lifelong interest in Raiders of the Lost Ark? History and religion combined with nonstop action is perfect camp material for a nine year old.

I've been lucky to score an Afrika Korp tunic and cap which were used in the making of the film for the German extras. I've had the tunic displayed for years on a dress form but recently decided to finish the display with the patches (which were removed after filming), the tropical Y-straps, belt and Heer buckle. I've done quite a bit or research recently in trying to source these parts and figured a place seems to have an abundant amount of knowledge and experience about it. I look forward to learning more and hopefully get some much needed help with completing my display.

Thanks for having me aboard. I look forward to the conversation and hopefully some field gear.

-J

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Raiders of the Lost Ark Collector : Original Costumes/Props
    P
    Many

Welcome.

JMM
    ?

Welcome aboard! And yes you're right, Raiders is a great movie - one of my favs ever (as you say, History and religion combined with nonstop action is perfect camp material. Not only for a nine year old, if I may add!)
    You also have Toht's NSDAP membership badge, Belloq's german passport and the party flag Sallah threw at Indy at the Well of Souls, I presume?
    Show us some pics !

?

Untitled | agent5 | Flickr

Thanks. I do have Tohts badge. My Grandfather had it in a shadow box with a bayonet and a few other things. It was given to me after he passed.
    Not sure what I would do with the flag since I wouldn’t display it. Never really had an interest in Belloq’s passport since it wasn’t in the film,but it is cool.
    There always plenty to collect. The hard part is finding it.

?

Welcome to the forum Jason,
    I loved that movie, But apparently not more than you do!!
    Looking forward to seeing you collection Agent5.

Semper Fi
    Phil