Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Bayonet opinion please .

Article about: Hello Gents, I have bought this bayonet Yesterday because it looked real and nice but I don't have any idea of what it is make for . Perhaps police but I don't see any trace of badge on the

?

Default Bayonet opinion please .

Hello Gents,
    I have bought this bayonet Yesterday because it looked real and nice but I don't have any idea of what it is make for . Perhaps for police but I don't see any trace of a badge on the stag grip or perhaps from weimar era bayonet ... I don't know . I can't find a similar bayonet on the forum . If you have a clue of what it is please give me an answer .
    Thank You for watching
    Notton
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bayonet opinion please .   Bayonet opinion please .  

Bayonet opinion please .   Bayonet opinion please .  

Bayonet opinion please .   Bayonet opinion please .  

Last edited by notton; 02-11-2019 at 01:20 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bayonet opinion please .
    P
    Many

It's not Weimar era, but it is a Police type sidearm with "clamshell", and judging by the WKC trademark, I'd say late 1930's, Third Reich era and probably a private purchase seitengewehr. The scabbard is also WKC made and shows the trademark curved edge chape and throat fitting. Looks like it may have had a frog until quite recently judging by the shine of metal. The thing you have to watch is some have had clamshells fitted post war to boost value, and so the condition and type of rivets need to be considered. There is a little crack in one of the stag horn grip plates, we could ask ourselves how that happened. But I think on balance it's all authentic. A photo from rear of the scabbard would be nice, it should show stitched leather and staples securing the chape & throat.

?

Quote by Anderson View Post
    It's not Weimar era, but it is a Police type sidearm with "clamshell", and judging by the WKC trademark, I'd say late 1930's, Third Reich era and probably a private purchase seitengewehr. The scabbard is also WKC made and shows the trademark curved edge chape and throat fitting. Looks like it may have had a frog until quite recently judging by the shine of metal. The thing you have to watch is some have had clamshells fitted post war to boost value, and so the condition and type of rivets need to be considered. There is a little crack in one of the stag horn grip plates, we could ask ourselves how that happened. But I think on balance it's all authentic. A photo from rear of the scabbard would be nice, it should show stitched leather and staples securing the chape & throat.
    Looking at the colour of the hilt and the clamshell its a set, and not a later addition.
    Both seems to be silvered aluminium, and have the same type of wear.

Ger

?

Thank You for your responses , please find photos of the reverse of the scabbard .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bayonet opinion please .   Bayonet opinion please .  

Thanks, a nice correct WKC made scabbard.