Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Need Help WKC Dress police

Article about: I have a friend that was recently given this Police sidearm, It appears to have been cut down at some point in time, was it or is it an original as the handle / grip insignia is solid Vs. op

I'll give my thoughts on what I see. The grip emblem has been replaced postwar with a tinnie. The blade, originally 17", was cut down to 13" upon consolidation of the Polizei forces roughly 1936-1937.

The blade has apparently been cut down further to roughly 9", as well as the crossguard being removed. This was probably done by either a GI in the theater for use as a fighting knife or by a vet postwar. The addition of a KS98 steel scabbard probably happened contemporaneously as the original longer scabbard no longer was needed.

The odd metal piece positioned in place where the old rivet holes are serves no apparent purpose & was probably done by a vet or collector. The knot is not correct for a Polizei bayonet and I don't believe it is a period German item.

As it appears now, this item has little to no collector value. This is, of course, only my opinion.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need Help WKC Dress police
    P
    Many

?

Thanks Billy G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

When cylindrical ball finial so its belgian FNFAL scabbard and the frog is a repro. b.r.Andy

?

Thanks AndyB !!
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2