MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Private Purchase Polizei Clamshell Bayo

Article about: This lovely looking bayo is at Ratisbons and ends tomorrow I think. As much as I think it is a good one (perhaps perfect), there's nothing wrong with getting some opinions from my chums on h

Default Private Purchase Polizei Clamshell Bayo

This lovely looking bayo is at Ratisbons and ends tomorrow I think.

As much as I think it is a good one (perhaps perfect), there's nothing wrong with getting some opinions from my chums on here who are more experienced.

Thanks in advance

Jamie

Private Purchase Polizei Clamshell Bayo Private Purchase Polizei Clamshell Bayo

Private Purchase Polizei Clamshell Bayo Private Purchase Polizei Clamshell Bayo

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Private Purchase Polizei Clamshell Bayo
    P
    Many

So Jamie you will know the potential risk with clamshells and the scrutiny is really all on the rivets, clamshell, grip plates. So it has the look of a Third Reich era made sidearm with clamshell and a 25cm blade. This is not a Weimar era cut down/refurbished one. The rivets which hold the thing together look period TR for new produced side arms of mid 1930's. (Not the big alloy ones we see with the 1936 refurbishments). Clamshell, crossguard and hilt share the same patina and "colour". The clamshell looks correct. The scabbard is fine. Overall I would lean to; genuine mid 1930's private purchase Robert Klaas clamshell Polizei seitengewehr. I can't see any red flags.

Thanks.

It's gone way over what I was prepared to pay so I guess the photo of it will have to do for now.

JD