Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Unmarked long Fire bayonet,frog and troddel.

Article about: Hi, Picked up this unmarked long pattern Fire bayonet recently it is complete with it's frog and troddel and overall in good condition I have no idea who the maker could be but I liked the l

Default Unmarked long Fire bayonet,frog and troddel.

Hi,
    Picked up this unmarked long pattern Fire bayonet recently it is complete with it's frog and troddel and overall in good condition I have no idea who the maker could be but I liked the look of it so bought it. I paid £125 for it at a collectors fair and think I got a good deal considering it has a nice troddel attached, it's only fault really is a small piece of the plating has flaked off at the pommel top and it has a very slight dent in the scabbard reverse side just below the frog with the expected usage wear to the paint. I know this is a pretty run of the mill piece but just thought I would show it, any comments welcome.
    Cheers, Andy.
    Unmarked long Fire bayonet,frog and troddel.Unmarked long Fire bayonet,frog and troddel.Unmarked long Fire bayonet,frog and troddel.Unmarked long Fire bayonet,frog and troddel.Unmarked long Fire bayonet,frog and troddel.Unmarked long Fire bayonet,frog and troddel.Unmarked long Fire bayonet,frog and troddel.Unmarked long Fire bayonet,frog and troddel.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unmarked long Fire bayonet,frog and troddel.
    P
    Many

It's a nice one Andy and everything is correct including the frog. The troddel is in good condition, often they can be quite battered, and buying a good troddel alone would cost about US$100. You just need the 20cm blade version (if not already acquired) and you have a attractive set. Almost impossible to work out the maker on these unmarked ones. These faschinenmesser are one of the most graceful designs and a favorite of mine.

Hi, Thanks for your reply I absolutely agree about the troddel I have seen good ones going from £60 to £ 100 here in the UK and with the frog as well I had to grab it at that price plus I also like the design of these side arms too. I need a short standard blade and a long sawback blade and I will have all 4 models then to finish a nice Fire sword. They are a little addictive to collect and still available at reasonable prices.
    Quote by Anderson View Post
    It's a nice one Andy and everything is correct including the frog. The troddel is in good condition, often they can be quite battered, and buying a good troddel alone would cost about US$100. You just need the 20cm blade version (if not already acquired) and you have a attractive set. Almost impossible to work out the maker on these unmarked ones. These faschinenmesser are one of the most graceful designs and a favorite of mine.

?

Quote by Grofaz45 View Post
    Hi, Thanks for your reply I absolutely agree about the troddel I have seen good ones going from £60 to £ 100 here in the UK and with the frog as well I had to grab it at that price plus I also like the design of these side arms too. I need a short standard blade and a long sawback blade and I will have all 4 models then to finish a nice Fire sword. They are a little addictive to collect and still available at reasonable prices.
    You thought that was all Andy? LOL
    Having all being just 4 Models?
    Well m8, find this one, this one i once owned, besides the straight one with the black grip which belongs to Billy
    They sure look good with a knot dont they?

Ger
    Unmarked long Fire bayonet,frog and troddel.Unmarked long Fire bayonet,frog and troddel.
    Unmarked long Fire bayonet,frog and troddel.Unmarked long Fire bayonet,frog and troddel.

Now they are very special pieces and I would dearly love to own one like this but I have a feeling they would be out of my budget range and no doubt extremely hard to find so for me I will be more than happy to get the 4 bayonets and a sword displayed together. Thanks for showing those two and I would like to know what period they are Third Reich, Weimar or Imperial? and what their official designation is if possible so I can read up on them.
    Regards, Andy.

?

The stag grip one is early 3rd Reich having the double Oval logo, both are used within the 3rd Reich Period and before.

Ger

That's a rarely seen beauty Ger.

?

Quote by Anderson View Post
    That's a rarely seen beauty Ger.
    Customers wish it seems, as its not a cataloque item, all parts are numbered, true craftmanship there!
    I have seen 1 more having a straight stag grip, instead of this curved tang type.

Ger