Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Unmarked short sawback Fire bayonet,frog and troddel.

Article about: Hi, I bought this short pattern sawback fire bayonet with frog and troddel and I've posted it here for review/comments. I am told that this is a unmarked Eickhorn example judging by the prof

Default Unmarked short sawback Fire bayonet,frog and troddel.

Hi, I bought this short pattern sawback fire bayonet with frog and troddel and I've posted it here for review/comments. I am told that this is a unmarked Eickhorn example judging by the profile of the pommel and the shallow crossguard curves is this correct? The bayonet and scabbard were bought separately from the frog and troddel I think they go together well but is it a good combination? Thanks in advance, Andy.
    Unmarked short sawback Fire bayonet,frog and troddel.Unmarked short sawback Fire bayonet,frog and troddel.Unmarked short sawback Fire bayonet,frog and troddel.Unmarked short sawback Fire bayonet,frog and troddel.Unmarked short sawback Fire bayonet,frog and troddel.Unmarked short sawback Fire bayonet,frog and troddel.Unmarked short sawback Fire bayonet,frog and troddel.Unmarked short sawback Fire bayonet,frog and troddel.Unmarked short sawback Fire bayonet,frog and troddel.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unmarked short sawback Fire bayonet,frog and troddel.
    P
    Many

That is a very nice faschinenmesser combination. The plating is in very good condition, the frog is a correct Fire one as is the very clean troddel which completes the package. Unmarked but that detracts nothing. Looking at the birdhead pommel with the sharp outline and slightly elevated beak I tend to agree it's a likely Eickhorn one.
    It's a very good combination.

?

Super condition, nice looking set.

Congratulations on a very nice find.

Mart

Unmarked Eickhorn, as stated. Nice looking rig.

?

A very nice one. This is my first time seeing a short bladed sawback.
    A beautiful example!

Semper Fi
    Phil

I agree with Phil ..very rare to see one of these examples.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill