Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Garde Jäger & Schutzen Hirschfanger M1871 by Pack & Ohliger

Article about: Garde Jaeger & Schutzen Hirschfanger as worn by Gefreite & Oberjägers who had served as Foresters. It has a gilded brass hilt with a great looking eagles head with red glass eyes in

?

Default Garde Jäger & Schutzen Hirschfanger M1871 by Pack & Ohliger

Garde Jaeger & Schutzen Hirschfanger as worn by Gefreite & Oberjägers who had served as Foresters.
    It has a gilded brass hilt with a great looking eagles head with red glass eyes in it.
    There has been a great amount of handwork on the eagles head.
    The blade is one to die for, 100% mint.
    This a hard to find one and its in a superb condition!
    Enjoy this rare beast!

Ger
    Garde Jäger & Schutzen Hirschfanger M1871 by Pack & OhligerGarde Jäger & Schutzen Hirschfanger M1871 by Pack & OhligerGarde Jäger & Schutzen Hirschfanger M1871 by Pack & OhligerGarde Jäger & Schutzen Hirschfanger M1871 by Pack & OhligerGarde Jäger & Schutzen Hirschfanger M1871 by Pack & OhligerGarde Jäger & Schutzen Hirschfanger M1871 by Pack & OhligerGarde Jäger & Schutzen Hirschfanger M1871 by Pack & OhligerGarde Jäger & Schutzen Hirschfanger M1871 by Pack & OhligerGarde Jäger & Schutzen Hirschfanger M1871 by Pack & OhligerGarde Jäger & Schutzen Hirschfanger M1871 by Pack & OhligerGarde Jäger & Schutzen Hirschfanger M1871 by Pack & OhligerGarde Jäger & Schutzen Hirschfanger M1871 by Pack & OhligerGarde Jäger & Schutzen Hirschfanger M1871 by Pack & OhligerGarde Jäger & Schutzen Hirschfanger M1871 by Pack & OhligerGarde Jäger & Schutzen Hirschfanger M1871 by Pack & OhligerGarde Jäger & Schutzen Hirschfanger M1871 by Pack & OhligerGarde Jäger & Schutzen Hirschfanger M1871 by Pack & OhligerGarde Jäger & Schutzen Hirschfanger M1871 by Pack & OhligerGarde Jäger & Schutzen Hirschfanger M1871 by Pack & OhligerGarde Jäger & Schutzen Hirschfanger M1871 by Pack & OhligerGarde Jäger & Schutzen Hirschfanger M1871 by Pack & Ohliger

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Garde Jäger & Schutzen Hirschfanger M1871 by Pack & Ohliger
    P
    Many

That's another beauty Ger, where do you find these things!
    My real question is; do you have an estimated date of manufacture for this hirschfanger? I notice the maker is the earlier Pack Ohlinger & Co which didn't make military bayonets before the 1898/05 model, if that's any help.
    Nice to see another Forestry blade in the bayonet style.

What a beautiful piece of craftsmanship. I never knew such a blade existed until now.

I continue to drool on my keyboard Ger!!!

?

Anderson if i recall correctly P & O cie were founded in 1908, i remembered that Ivan has a copy of the grounding sheet of their firm.
    i expect this one somewhere between 1910-20

i picked it up at the Kassel show
    i had 1 before but sold it to Ivan the Packman, this one has an even better blade so i couldnt refuse, they are very hard to find and i have a weak spot when it comes to Pack...

cheers
    Ger
    Last edited by gerrit; 10-16-2018 at 07:52 AM.

Fantastic hirschvanger Ger, you know I love it.
    That's a third one I have ever seen.
    That blade is screamer,unbelievable
    Congrats

?

Thanks guys for the nice words!!

In hand this is a very impressive Hirschfänger and you cant see that its 100 years old, most likely hardly been worn and ended up in the sheets drawer of some bedroom

Ger

?

Ivan nice detail is that the one i sold you in the past has a different Logo, so althought production of these rare sidearms would be very low they did use at least 2 different Logo's!

Best
    Ger

left one is mine, right one is Ivan's
    Garde Jäger & Schutzen Hirschfanger M1871 by Pack & Ohliger

?

A very nice dagger, Mr H...Cheers Terry.

?

I have been VERY Lucky finding the proper Oberjäger knot for this Hirschfänger, a so called Extra-Troddel, a private purchased knot in the highest quality available!
    To find a Garde Jäger Hirschfänger in this condition is hard but having the luck to search and find the correct knot is a kind of miracle
    This knot is in pristine condition and it gained a beautiful patine in the past 100 years!
    Enjoy the pics of this very rare knot!
    Ger
    Garde Jäger & Schutzen Hirschfanger M1871 by Pack & OhligerGarde Jäger & Schutzen Hirschfanger M1871 by Pack & OhligerGarde Jäger & Schutzen Hirschfanger M1871 by Pack & Ohliger
    Last edited by gerrit; 04-26-2018 at 07:30 AM.

Great job my friend, it looks perfect

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast