MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

1939 Anti-Semetic Coin or Medal Repro?

Article about: I came across this item in an auction lot. I figured it to be a reproduction. Translated front says " Greater Germany Fights For Peace Against the Shame Treaty of Versailles " The

To Big Ned-thought this was not a political forum but since you opened it up . Personally I would be glad to be labeled a tea party person because it is that kind of attitude that threw you all out of our country twice in history and kept you all from goose stepping in WW2 .

Let me know how that progressive world view works when you eventually end up on a prayer rug over there.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1939 Anti-Semetic Coin or Medal Repro?
    P
    Many

The coin in post #7 is the same diameter as mine but weighs twice as much. William what do you make of the coin/medal/token in post 7 ?

The medal in #7 when magnified shows an awful lot of porosity, so I suspect that it, too, is cast, but a somewhat better finish to it than the other-probably due to the material it's made from. As stated, of a zinc material and so, the low-grade metal makes it next to impossible to attain a high quality. The 1st medal, from it's lightness and edge appearance, looks to be of a pot metal or white metal material. But, in any case, despite it being of a "better" metal, #7 is certainly not in the quality range of a Karl Goetz style of medal and anything similar, but conceivably of the era regardless. As said above, many of the semi-official medals were made of iron. (The shell head next to the money bag is particularly poorly executed and with large flaws.) I wonder what the edge of #7's medal looks like.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Reproduction or Fantasy...either way, it's certainly not war-era genuine...
    And that's that...
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2