Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

1941 dated wound badge document translation help

Article about: Would anyone be able to translate this for me? Also an info on the unit? I've tried online translators and I can't seem to really decipher this.

Default 1941 dated wound badge document translation help

Would anyone be able to translate this for me? Also an info on the unit? I've tried online translators and I can't seem to really decipher this.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1941 dated wound badge document translation help  
    Last edited by rbminis; 04-10-2015 at 05:06 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1941 dated wound badge document translation help
    P
    Many

its to a private Wiemann,3rd panzerhunter unit 267 wound badge 3rd klasse[black] award document.

Hi there, I think the Panzer jaeger 267 was in the east (Army group Centre) with the 267 infantry regiment. They were fighting in the Moscow area in Oct '41. But this could of been awarded for earlier battles on their way to Moscow. Stewy

He was wounded on October 27th 1941 and on that day...

Operation Typhoon. Germans slowly make progress towards Moscow all along the Mozhaysk line. At the Southeast end of the line, Kampfgruppe Eberbach advances to Plavsk 37 miles from Tula (140 miles from Moscow). At the Northwest end of the line, 4th Panzer Army finally defeats Soviet 316th Rifle Division at Volokolamsk 68 miles from Moscow (316th Rifle Division is reduced to only 3500 men but has delayed 4th Panzer Army for 2 weeks). In the middle of the line, the 11 infantry divisions of German 4th Army come to a standstill. Feldmarschall von Kluge lies to his superior Feldmarschall Fedor von Bock, commander of Army Group Center, about the strength of Soviet defenses. Amazingly, von Bock allows 4th Army to dig trenches and go on the defensive, losing all momentum towards Moscow.

(World War II Day-By-Day: Day 788 October 27, 1941)

267 Infanterie-Division was one of those divisions belonging to 4.Armee.

Amazing thanks gents!

So he was an infantryman? Or was there a seperate title for tank destroyer soldiers?

A detachment from an infantry formation specifically tasked with anti-tank duties. NH