Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

1944 German Diary! Please help I have questions

Article about: I have this, I don't know if this is a field post number or what. It's just a little pocket diary. I don't know if its even from a German soldier, but you never know. Can anyone make anythin

Default 1944 German Diary! Please help I have questions

I have this, I don't know if this is a field post number or what. It's just a little pocket diary. I don't know if its even from a German1944 German Diary! Please help I have questions1944 German Diary! Please help I have questions1944 German Diary! Please help I have questions1944 German Diary! Please help I have questions1944 German Diary! Please help I have questions1944 German Diary! Please help I have questions1944 German Diary! Please help I have questions1944 German Diary! Please help I have questions soldier, but you never know. Can anyone make anything out of this ?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1944 German Diary! Please help I have questions
    P
    Many

It looks to be from a Gefreiter Heinz Zanzer. If the FpNr is 59205 then it is for 4./Pz.Rgt 2 but it is hard to be definite that the 4th number is a '0' due to the ink bleeding into the paper.

Very interesting to see such a diary. With even printed reminders for instance of the Geerman invasions of Denmark and Norway 9 th April.

At a glance (It`s not so easy to read):
    His adress ("Meine Anschrift"):
    Vordernberger Straße 40 in the town Eisenerz, state of Steiermark, Austria. He was engaged in Romania, see the commune Colosovca.

With best wishes
    alter musketier
    In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917

It looks interesting. I have it coming in from Maribor, Slovenia. It will be a couple of weeks. When I get it can I post some pictures and maybe we can find some cool little history about this guy and what he did?. paid 20 dollars for it. I don't know if its filled out all through the year or not. We will find out! bear with me until I get it and get some really good close up photos.

1944 German Diary! Please help I have questions1944 German Diary! Please help I have questions1944 German Diary! Please help I have questions1944 German Diary! Please help I have questions1944 German Diary! Please help I have questions1944 German Diary! Please help I have questions1944 German Diary! Please help I have questions1944 German Diary! Please help I have questions1944 German Diary! Please help I have questions1944 German Diary! Please help I have questions1944 German Diary! Please help I have questions1944 German Diary! Please help I have questions1944 German Diary! Please help I have questions1944 German Diary! Please help I have questions1944 German Diary! Please help I have questions1944 German Diary! Please help I have questionsI got the diary in the mail. If anyone can make out any of it, it would be great. I know its kinda hard to read. Its interesting for sure.

"its kinda hard to read"? Maybe better pics will be more workable when it arrives, but in the meanwhile, I'm guessing the guy took a shell fragment to his right hand or else he was dictating to his pet chimp...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."