Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

4th Panzer Div Feldpost

Article about: Hi all, I just received this feldpost and its in superb condition , I beleive its from the 4th panzer division and dated june 16 1943 but thats about all I can understand from it, If anyone

Default 4th Panzer Div Feldpost

Hi all, I just received this feldpost and its in superb condition , I beleive its from the 4th panzer division and dated june 16 1943 but thats about all I can understand from it, If anyone would like to decipher it for me it would be appreciated but not expected, not sure how important or related the contents are it could be boring but it may be worth the while for someone, hopefully the pictures are in the right order, this is definatly one of the nicer ones that will be in my collection. Thanks in advance for any help.
    4th Panzer Div Feldpost
    4th Panzer Div Feldpost
    4th Panzer Div Feldpost
    4th Panzer Div Feldpost
    4th Panzer Div Feldpost

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 4th Panzer Div Feldpost
    P
    Many

Default Re: 4th Panzer Div Feldpost

What great condition for something as old as me.

?

Hello Max,
    I actually printed out some info on this training/replacement battalion while researching the 9th Panzer Division recently....
    As far as I understand, Panzer Pioneer Ersatz und Ausbildungs Battalion 80 was a replacement (& training) unit for Panzer Pioneer Battalion 38, of the 2nd Panzer Division. This battalion actually trained some of the pioneers for the 9th Panzer Division, as they were located in Vienna, Austria.....and the same Wehrkreis of the 9th!

The 4 represents the 4th kompanie I believe....not the 4. Panzer Division. Maybe someone else can double-check that just in case tho....

Thanks for that info I appreciate the help

Quote by Bill T View Post
    The 4 represents the 4th kompanie I believe....not the 4. Panzer Division. Maybe someone else can double-check that just in case tho....
    That's right, Bill. The letter was sent by Pionier [Engineer Private] Kurt Fleischmann, 4. Kompanie [4th Company] of Panzer-Pionier-Ausbildungs-Bataillon 80 [Armored Engineers Training Battalion 80], billeted at Stube 160 [room 160] in the unit's barracks at Klosterneuburg near Vienna.

The letter says:

"15 June

My little darling!

I assume that you have already received the letter I had written to you yesterday and so you already know that my parents have accompanied me by bicycle up to St. Pölten, we arrived there at 10 o'clock, I had gone ahead of them a bit, we then stayed with my aunt until 3 o'clock and then went to the railway station. There, they did not want to take the bicycles on board, but eventually we were able to place them in an empty freight car. I then went directly to Klosterneuburg, arrived there at 1 o'clock; all went with no problems. I was not on duty that afternoon, it is now noon, I just got your last letter, it is a particular joy for me how nicely you write in it about how everything is when I cannot be around, but I now had stayed with my little wife and it was quite lovely.
    Dear Inge; I cannot put to words how I felt yesterday when going away; as I passed by the railway station, it welled up in me, all hot and bitter with longing for my little darling, and I could hardly believe that the 2 days were already over again, I wish I could turn back time 3 days, when I was with you, my little wife. My little Inge, I now hope that
    [One line of text is missing in the scan.] [...] I have not yet received the 100 Marks; you should go to Frein occasionally and demand the money back as you still have the payment slip, you can just keep the money, with my 50 I still have more than enough, I hope you will get it [...]. My little wifey, I hope you are healthy and happy, 1000 greetings and kisses from your Kurt, who so dearly loves you. Many greetings, to father, mother and [...], as well!"
    Last edited by HPL2008; 07-28-2012 at 01:50 PM.

WOW, thank you for translating, I would have never known it was a love letter! "all hot and bitter with longing for my little darling" I think im gonna use that line on my wife! haha.