Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Abwehr/SD Document from an Ukrainian Battalion - Help evaluating it!

Article about: Hello comrades. I recently came across with this rare (i think) document from an SD auxiliary Ukrainian soldier operating in Soviet Belarus. He was atatched to the Battalion Ukrainische Grup

?

Default Abwehr/SD Document from an Ukrainian Battalion - Help evaluating it!

Hello comrades. I recently came across with this rare (i think) document from an SD auxiliary Ukrainian soldier operating in Soviet Belarus. He was atatched to the Battalion Ukrainische Gruppe "Roland", former "Ukrainian Legion" which was disbanded in late 1941. It numbered a mere 650 personnel. Does anyone of you knew about this document? It is worth something? Best regards!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Abwehr/SD Document from an Ukrainian Battalion - Help evaluating it!
    P
    Many

Looks very similar to other fake sought after unit Id's that regularly get posted here.

?

Hello HPL2008. Thank you for your insight. You are really good at evaluating. Sorry, this question was just to see how people here are alerted to fakes. If one knows alot about german military history there are 2 things out of this fake: First: The document is dated July 1944, The cadre of the Schutzmannschaft Bataillon 201 "Roland" and "Nachtigall" almost entirely were transferred to form the SS Schützen Division "Galizien" (14th Waffen Grenadier Division der SS) in mid-1943. Second: The photo of the soldier shows he's an SS-Ünterscharführer or a SS-Scharführer - This division was an Ukrainian auxiliary police unit under the control of the Ordnungspolizei and never from the SS. Sorr for the joke.

Frankly, these absurd "Unit ID documents" are one-lookers that don't require any research or fact-checking whatsoever.

?

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Frankly, these absurd "Unit ID documents" are one-lookers that don't require any research or fact-checking whatsoever.
    ahahahahah and with "Roland" written all over the place...