Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Adolf Hitler 1925 Autographed photograph...opinions please.

Article about: Let me say first off..I KNOW this is a crappy picture, so you don't have to get onto me about the pic It's the only picture I have. This is a picture from an upcoming auction. I know Hitlers

Default Re: Adolf Hitler 1925 Autographed photograph...opinions please.

Quote by excalibr View Post
    I have contacted the auctioneer to see if I can look at it ahead of time to get better pics or at least have them send me some better pics, but I have not heard back (and probably won't either). I do appreciate all the feedback. I will just have to look at it when I get there and make a judgement call. I don't want to spend a fortune, but I don't know what it will go for. Honestly, where I am located, I don't think it would go for more than $500 tops (unless authenticated). This was not in a militaria auction. It is a 'regular' estate auction. There are a few other WWII items, as well as a few pieces of currency from the 1920s from Germany as well. There are alot of other items from the 1920s and 30s, so whoever owned the estate definately lived in the time period of the photo.
    Are you a gamblin' man???
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Adolf Hitler 1925 Autographed photograph...opinions please.
    P
    Many

LOL Big Ned....I am to a certain point! I will have to wait to see what it looks like when I get there... Like others have said..once I get there and can actually see and touch and examine the writing it will be better. I will also try to upload a few pics with my phone, which may, or may not, help. Maybe someone might be able to tell what the 4 lines of writing mean too. That may shed some light on the subject as well..

Well, all the best to ya old pal! If nothing else, try getting good, clear legible shots of the dedication and i'm sure someone here will be able to translate it. As for trying to buy it, well, you're gonna need some 'wedge' methinks!

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I understand. The auction is Thursday evening (US Central Time). Keep an eye out as I will try my best to post a couple better pics!

Ok...how do I post a picture with my iPhone?? I'm trying to get used to this before I actually get to the auction so I can quickly post the pics!

Just log- in to WRF in your iPhone's Safari browser and upload images in " Go advanced" as you will have done before posting images here. Your photos will be in the iphone photos folder existing or stream. good luck with sending images and at the auction
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

?

Just be sure this is something you absolutely want to have in your collection though. My one and only SS feldpost with all it's insignia sometimes still makes me uneasy

Quote by excalibr View Post
    Ok...how do I post a picture with my iPhone?? I'm trying to get used to this before I actually get to the auction so I can quickly post the pics!
    Did you manage to take some photos?
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

How much did it end up going for? Did you get it?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Don't get it if it's signed with a Sharpie..........

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2