Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Adolf hitler signed order promoting walter model

Article about: Hello everyone. I would like your thoughts on originality and value for this Adolf Hitler signed order of promotion for Walter Model. The order from Hitler is signed in ink and countersigned

I am always open to proof. And if the original poster has bought it - and is happy - then what does it matter - it only becomes a problem when you want to sell it on - as I have always said collect what appeals to you - but do not collect as an investment. Things can go down - as well as up!

I also know Jeff - and he is an honest guy - it does not prove however - that what is shown is the same document.
    Call me cynical - everything is fake until proven otherwise (for me anyway)

I have been collecting since 1971 and have been a dealer for 20 years - 5 of the last years - full time, with no other income (except my Army pension) One of the reasons I only buy items that are not cheap. Buy cheap - get rubbish.

I must be doing ok, as I have gone from strength to strength

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Adolf hitler signed order promoting walter model
    P
    Many

Quote by MAP View Post
    Maybe as a published author with a legit publisher printing the book, our friend Wim might know of him.
    Jeff Clark from Meza is a reputable and honest guy, which I do respect! I met him at my house
    and talking to him makes sense. As far as I know, Jeff knows what he is talking about!

And I agree with John: it does not prove - that what is shown is the same document.
    I further will not take part in any discussion, as there always will be pro's and contra's!
    Most discussions do lead to irritation!

Quote by fvrod1 View Post
    Hello everyone. I would like your thoughts on originality and value for this Adolf Hitler signed order of promotion for Walter Model. The order from Hitler is signed in ink and countersigned by Keitel promoting Model to head of Army Group Central. Over a million men. Signed at the Wolf’s Lair. Apparently UFa has a video of Model arriving at the Wolf’s Lair for this promotion.
    Granted that any discussion of paper color is useless since we are dealing with photos. However, I can assure you that the acid content of a 1942 GUARDIAN would not only make the paper yellow brown today, it would crumble in your hands like stale bread. In the case of this OP document, I would expect better quality paper and a watermark.

I contend that the embossing dies were of such poor quality and design that what you are seeing is the result of a paper punch rather than proper embossing dies.

I also agree with John Brandon that....if the original poster has bought it - and is happy - then what does it matter - it only becomes a problem when you want to sell it.

Adolf hitler signed order promoting walter model

I agree that if the buyer is happy, until he wants to sell, that is all that matters. But as the original question was asking about the originality of said piece and I have my doubts. Then again opinions are like asses, everyone has one.

Not sure if people saying they do not know who Jeff Clark is were joking or not, no offense... just found this kinda odd. To me he appears to be one of the bigger dealers within the more "political" side of the Third Reich out there and he's certainly no new entity. Sure... COA's are worth about as much as the paper they're written on but, at the very least, you'll have some kind of guarantee and a known entity with lots at stake (in this case) to hold accountable for any eventual discovery of fakery or fraud.
    But as always it's better to not have to rely on these things, the first and foremost should always be the item itself and how it holds up to scrutiny, not really the pros and cons of the reputation of the person behind the sale. As a general rule I do not care one bit about COA's apart from them giving lineage to the item and POSSIBLY a way holding the seller accountable if anything turns out to be not as advertised.

That said, photos are nearly always misleading but from the ones provided I can't really point out any one problem pertaining to its quality nor colour, also appears to me that many of these were of a cream color anyway. I also have no idea why a "1942 Guardian" newspaper would have any relevance to this... also, the notion that such a newspaper would "crumble to pieces" due to its age and acidity content is of course patently false. When it comes to old paper the key issue will always be how it was stored not necessarily its level of acidity.
    Don't care to comment on the actual auto or the written content, not a handwriting expert or clued in on the details of this event. Also, if the font on the right-hand page is really "modern", as stated, why not prove it? Not saying that it's not... just encouraging people to back up their claims... shouldn't be this easy to make claims that could possibly wind up costing someone thousands of dollars on a reputable site such as this.

Good luck with your item, if genuine it's surely of some historical importance... no doubt a nice piece to have if everything checks out.

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    Then again opinions are like asses, everyone has one.
    I love it, I love it....I ran to my wife saying this over and over.....perfect way to start the day.....Thanks, Doug.

MAP
    ?

Andreas/John/Ade/Wim,

Thanks for the input and information on Jeff Clark.

I felt it was important to understand who the seller is, what is his reputation and level of knowledge. I completely agree that this in no way authenticates the item in question, nor was that my intent, but it does help set important level to then work from.

And Andreas. No offense taken. Lol (and still Loving my helmet btw ) I just don't focus on NSDAP so I have never run across him before. But I think I took the wise approach and followed what we always preach here - "if you don't know then ask. Just don't assume"
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3