Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

AFK a military abbreviation?

Article about: Hi, Would someone have an idea if AFK was a military used during the war? it appears on this ausweis. Thanks, Neil.

Default AFK a military abbreviation?

Hi,

Would someone have an idea if AFK was a military used during the war? it appears on this ausweis.

Thanks,
    Neil.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture AFK a military abbreviation?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement AFK a military abbreviation?
    P
    Many

Default Re: AFK a military abbreviation?

Hi Neil, this seems to be some kind of ID card for a company involved with wholesale food sales?

What AFK stands for I can only guess at.

Cheers, Ade.

Hi Ade,

Yes, but it seems to be issued to be used in some camp and the applied stamp has the word for Auschwitz, does this mean a company selling food for the camps?

Neil.

Away from Keyboard?

Sorry small minds and all that

Hi Neil, I tried to do a search on the company yesterday and I could not find a thing.

Nothing came up on the camp either, which I was surprised about? I am wondering if this is not really a camp and I am missing something here? My German is only self taught.

Even though Auschwitz is mentioned on the card, they may be no connection with the actual camp.

Cheers, Ade.

?

I had a quick look on t'internet and found that Wadowitz was a town very near Auschwitz (nearly all of its inhabitants were destroyed there), it also had an Allied POW camp there which might account for "Lager" (camp) Wadowitz. Beilitz was also a town very near Auschwitz whos inhabitants again were sent to the near by camp.

I guess it was a food company delivering food to near by camps?

Just had a thought, as Jews etc were kept in Wadowitz camp do you think the A.F.K Lager Wadowitz might stand for Arbeit ? Koncentration Lager Wadowitz?

Donnie

Quote by donnie View Post
    I had a quick look on t'internet and found that Wadowitz was a town very near Auschwitz (nearly all of its inhabitants were destroyed there), it also had an Allied POW camp there which might account for "Lager" (camp) Wadowitz. Beilitz was also a town very near Auschwitz whos inhabitants again were sent to the near by camp.

I guess it was a food company delivering food to near by camps?

Just had a thought, as Jews etc were kept in Wadowitz camp do you think the A.F.K Lager Wadowitz might stand for Arbeit ? Koncentration Lager Wadowitz?

Donnie

Nice work, The near by Location of the Camps could be a link? I Goolgled it and found nothing. These IDs are not my Subject, guess the Photo was removed for a latter type of ID. Who ever Pass it was, they had not long past there 21st Birthday.

Many thanks! it is amazing information here, thank you.
    I too found nothing on A.F.K. and thought it mught have been a sub-camp of Auschwitz, but nothing there too.

Neil.

?

It was just a theory guys, dont take it as fact. Keep digging!

Donnie

A quick look into German dictionary would solve the whole mistery guys. Actually camp is only one of several meanings of Lager. Usually it's used as magazine, warehouse, storage area, depot etc.
    There was no camp in Wadotice/Wadowitz during the war at all.
    Rgds
    Al

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast