Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Afrika Grouping to one man

Article about: by Stewy S I don't blame you. I'd keep it,if i were you. If you do part with it. Try to sell it as a group & not break it up. That would be a real shame. Stewy P.S. Can you point me in t

?

Default Re: Afrika Grouping to one man

Quote by Stewy S View Post
    I don't blame you. I'd keep it,if i were you. If you do part with it. Try to sell it as a group & not break it up. That would be a real shame. Stewy
    P.S. Can you point me in the direction of any links to the "V1" please? I'm intrigued.
    Hi Stewy , here is a link i was send recently Axis History Forum • View topic - Flak-Regiment 155
    hope this helps you

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Afrika Grouping to one man
    P
    Many

Quote by HD1450 View Post
    Hi Stewy , here is a link i was send recently Axis History Forum • View topic - Flak-Regiment 155
    hope this helps you
    Thanks for the link. The signature on your C/T doc is an original,i think. Take a look at my one in post #5. I know mine's a facsimilie. That makes your group very nice indeed! Stewy

It isn't Infanterie Rgt 155, the EK citation is for a member of I Bataillon of Flak Regiment 155 who were involved with the V-1's.
    Infanterie Rgt 155 were a completely different unit that went on to be Panzer-Grenadier Rgt 155 of 90 Panzer-Grenadier Division that fought in Italy.

Quote by hucks216 View Post
    It isn't Infanterie Rgt 155, the EK citation is for a member of I Bataillon of Flak Regiment 155 who were involved with the V-1's.
    Thanks Kev. I've just been having a look & that was what i was thinking. As always thanks for the confirmation mate. Cheers, Stewy

?

Infanterie Rgt 155 were a completely different unit that went on to be Panzer-Grenadier Rgt 155 of 90 Panzer-Grenadier Division that fought in Italy.
    Thanks Kev , my mind was on other things

Kev why are the 155 infantry reg listed with an (le)? Stewy

At that time they were designated as Light (Leichtes) Infantry. And judging by the late date of the awarding of that cuffband citation I wouldn't be surprised if he was badly wounded in Africa and was eventually discharged from the Wehrmacht because of it.

At that time they were designated as Light (Leichtes) Infantry.
    Yes Kev. But what or why are they "light infantry"? What makes them lighter than any others? It's something i've never understood. Are there any/many other regiments with this designation? Sorry mate,hope you don't mind me asking. Stewy

It can be a confusing issue, especially where the Wehrmacht were concerned but I believe that the difference is that Light Infantry lack the heavy weapon components that other Infantry Regiments had and also less vehicles which while that sounds like a negative it does have the positive aspect in that they can operate better in terrain that other units would find difficult.
    Leichtes-Infanterie-Regiment 155 belonged to 90 Leichte Afrika Division.
    There were a few units designated as being 'Leichte' namely the 5, 8 28, 97, 99, 100 & 101 leichte Infanterie Divisions which were all eventually redesignated as Jäger Divisions.

It can be a confusing issue, especially where the Wehrmacht were concerned but I believe that the difference is that Light Infantry lack the heavy weapon components that other Infantry Regiments had and also less vehicles which while that sounds like a negative it does have the positive aspect in that they can operate better in terrain that other units would find difficult.
    Leichtes-Infanterie-Regiment 155 belonged to 90 Leichte Afrika Division.
    There were a few units designated as being 'Leichte' namely the 5, 8 28, 97, 99, 100 & 101 leichte Infanterie Divisions which were all eventually redesignated as Jäger Divisions.
    Thanks Kev. That figures in the desert. So possibly not much more the mortars then? Almost seem like a punishment. But it was less of a burden to travel light. Would they have had Bedouin assistance? Some units did,i believe.I may be wrong though. Stewy

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast