Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

AH Paper work, Original?

Article about: I picked up a few pieces of German Paperwork including these The card is gold edged all the way around the gold Ink is raised, you can feel it On the Papers, there are a few, again the ink i

?

Default AH Paper work, Original?

I picked up a few pieces of German Paperwork including these
    The card is gold edged all the way around the gold Ink is raised, you can feel it
    On the Papers, there are a few, again the ink is slightly raised and the Eagle is embossed.
    Now these have been in a collection I have been picking at for years, the older fellows claim they have had these for over 50 or 60 years, however I have learned not to believe everything I am told, however they have been collecting since the late 40s and have some great items including all those WW2 German radios I bought.

So what do you think? If there is a chance they are real, I will take the time to try to take better photos.

Thank you

Dean O
    Canada

AH Paper work, Original?AH Paper work, Original?AH Paper work, Original?AH Paper work, Original?AH Paper work, Original?AH Paper work, Original?AH Paper work, Original?AH Paper work, Original?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement AH Paper work, Original?
    P
    Many

Dean there was a lot of this stuff floating around in the old days,this could be some of it.

?

Thank you, I am not into this sort of thing and would think it fake if it was not from the place I got it.

Dean O

The "raised effect" of the lettering you are describing sounds like it was printed using offset thermography which is a print process in which thermographic/embossing powder, made from plastic resins, is applied to the substrate (normally paper). The areas selected for raised printing are printed with slow-drying inks that do not contain dryers or hardeners so that they remain wet during the application of powder. This ink is dried and hardened later during the heating process. This gives thermographic print its characteristic shiny and raised look.

If I am correct, then I wonder when was offset thermography developed?

However is the lettering print embossed? If it is then it will look indented on the reverse of the sheet and look like the eagle embossing. Thermography leaves no indentation on the reverse of the sheet.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Dean, if the raised lettering is not embossed then it would seem to be offset thermography and therefore raises a problem because the machines used in the thermographic process were not available prior to 1950 when Adana launched their first basic machine, although the powders were available a little earlier.

Two references re Thermography with examples of print to compare against the OP paperwork.

AH Paper work, Original?

The reflective raised texture look similar in both examples of printed lettering.

AH Paper work, Original?

Thermographic Printing

Thermography | British Letterpress
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

?

Thank you for your input, you Really know your stuff!!!

Dean O

You know who to PM if you decide to sell it Dean! Great stuff mate!

?

Thumbs up

I have some of that stationary that I got from the vet who liberated it. I've got several different. Got them in the early 70s.
    I would say that yours is good.
    Sarge

MAP
    ?

Quote by sandgroper View Post
    You know who to PM if you decide to sell it Dean! Great stuff mate!
    Me!!!!

Just kidding!

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by Sarge View Post
    I have some of that stationary that I got from the vet who liberated it. I've got several different. Got them in the early 70s. I would say that yours is good. Sarge
    Sarge - does your paperwork have the same style
    of raised lettering ? Could you post a few pics
    for cross reference.........?
    Regards,

Steve.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast