Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

AH signatures....Real of fake? PLease help!

Article about: The damaged one is the one I was thinking of getting since its much cheaper. They come out of the same collection so I was hoping someone could tell me if theres a good chance they are real

Default AH signatures....Real of fake? PLease help!

The damaged one is the one I was thinking of getting since its much cheaper. They come out of the same collection so I was hoping someone could tell me if theres a good chance they are real or if they are not. Thanks.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement AH signatures....Real of fake? PLease help!
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: AH signatures....Real of fake? PLease help!

Welcome to the forum , signature aside they all appear to be quite poor images , can you post the back of the photos please,

cheers

Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

I would personally save my money. The damaged one is so badly smudged as to make it worth very little. Nearly all of these pictures were 'signed' by automatic pencil or stamped, and of course, simply faked. The fact they're being sold on iOffer is also a massive red flag for me; but it's your money.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Ned is spot on. These are not original signatures. Also, for future reference, I would strongly advise against shopping on that website. It is well known for reproduction/fake items.

Regards,

Carl

p.s. I should probably elaborate a little as to why I stated that I do not believe the authenticity of these examples. Basically, a thorough examination of any one of these pieces against known period examples shows the marked differences in style and character detail, despite the Fuhrer's signature changing quite radically during the 1933-1945 period, none of these match. I hope this explanation helps in some way.