Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

another Otto Funk 12th SS pz Div addition

Article about: Paul I am not doubting the authentcity of Otto Funk ,just the signiature . On the paper strip there is an obvious error that no German who lived the era would make . Can you spot it ? I noti

Default Re: another Otto Funk 12th SS pz Div addition

Paul I am not doubting the authentcity of Otto Funk ,just the signiature . On the paper strip there is an obvious error that no German who lived the era would make . Can you spot it ? I noticed it is an error many modern authors make but no former member would make, should he type that script Hitler -Jugend is two words in all my Authentic 1944 News papers it is spelt that way . If he passed away in Sept 2011 whose signing his signiature now
    Lancere

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement another Otto Funk 12th SS pz Div addition
    P
    Many

If anyone has one of these for sale, i wouldnt mind one in th future

?

Quote by Lancere View Post
    Paul I am not doubting the authentcity of Otto Funk ,just the signiature . On the paper strip there is an obvious error that no German who lived the era would make . Can you spot it ? I noticed it is an error many modern authors make but no former member would make, should he type that script Hitler -Jugend is two words in all my Authentic 1944 News papers it is spelt that way . If he passed away in Sept 2011 whose signing his signiature now
    Lancere
    On the paper strip the spelling and punctuation is exactly the same as those i received directly from Otto during our correspondance !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Quote by davesap250 View Post
    The top picture was taken by ss Kriegsberichter Zschackel and shows SS-Schutze Otto Funk of SS-Panzergrenadier-Regiment 25 in a small alley way in the village of Rots in the direct path of Canadian advance, Normandy. taken from D-day then and now. Lancere hope this helps clear up any doubt you may have over the original picture?
    Mark as you seem to know a fair bit on Otto Funk did he fight in the Bulge?

Nice addition by the way

Dave
    No he didn't fight in the Ardennes Dave , he was recovering from wounds and undergoiong further training at that time !
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

hi paul I have just had an email from Charles Trang , Heimdal Publishing were also in touch with Otto Funk up

to his peaceful passing and he contributed to many of their publications . I contribute to their publications with my

Photo collection . I really hate to see both historians and collectors duped by imposters . As you may have

ascertained my knowledge of the 12th SS is not great , I leave that to others ,I have a friend Charles Trang

author and he has assured me that he has never heard of Otto Funk signing photos of himself , Otto was in

communication with Heimdal publications and contributed a valuable insight into their publications on the 12th SS

Be careful guys , he never offered either Heimdal , Stefan Cazenave , Charles Trang signed photos .

Lancere ...

?

hi paul I have just had an email from Charles Trang , Heimdal Publishing were also in touch with Otto Funk up

to his peaceful passing and he contributed to many of their publications . I contribute to their publications with my

Photo collection . I really hate to see both historians and collectors duped by imposters . As you may have

ascertained my knowledge of the 12th SS is not great , I leave that to others ,I have a friend Charles Trang

author and he has assured me that he has never heard of Otto Funk signing photos of himself , Otto was in

communication with Heimdal publications and contributed a valuable insight into their publications on the 12th SS

Be careful guys , he never offered either Heimdal , Stefan Cazenave , Charles Trang signed photos .

Lancere ...
    So you are really saying that Otto Funk never signed any photos even though i and many other signature collectors have corresponded directly with him over the years !! Even though many have met him in person and have had photos signed by him !!!

Heimdal as you know is a publishing house and Charles an Author did they ever ask him to sign photos ?

Here are a few threads about Otto !!

Otto Funk - Page 2 - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

Even other well know SS Authors such as Marc Rikmenspoel have signed photos of him , surely if this was a great con by Otto or someone pretending to be in someone would have clicked onto it by now , and what about those who have met him and had photos signed in person ??

1st July 1916

?

This signed photo of Otto i have posted here came direct from Marc Rikmenspoel & my other one came from Markus Lippl !

Attachment 383719Attachment 383718 You will note that Hitler Jugend is two words No mention of Div Nr.

I collect these kinds of photos too-but never saw nor owned one that listed the actual Division--usually they are somewhat "Vague" for lack of a better word at this time) with info im guessing because of security reasons? I have I think two PK press photos--maybe more? that the units are easily IDed even without having the info printed on the news tickers. One is from LSSAH--as you can see the insignia on the soldier who happens to be an SS Feldgendarmerie in LSSAH. The English caption on this photo has grossly incorrect info on it including the writers wording of something like: "One of Hitlers Foreign Volunteer SS Hatchetmen" or something of that nature. I dont have it on hand to give exact quote but can get it if anyone is interested? The only and also from an English or American Newspaper-press photo I have that has an actul name of a unit is a heavily damaged one I have that was taken of an SS Infantry Gun crew who were from SSVT2? I think?

?

I knew otto funk good.Thiese foto,s signed by him...i also have them the came directly from him.

?

another Otto Funk 12th SS pz Div additionanother Otto Funk 12th SS pz Div additionanother Otto Funk 12th SS pz Div additionBut these ones..now for sale on a site.Are i think fake.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast