Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Arbeitsbuch Für Auslander - OST patch

Article about: An outstanding Arbeitsbuch für Auslander of a female worker. However I need information regarding this document. Where did she worked at? I don't even know if her name is Halina Dvornik as i

?

Default Arbeitsbuch Für Auslander - OST patch

An outstanding Arbeitsbuch für Auslander of a female worker. However I need information regarding this document. Where did she worked at? I don't even know if her name is Halina Dvornik as it is spelt on the card. Can anyone help me out? Thanks.

Arbeitsbuch Für Auslander - OST patchArbeitsbuch Für Auslander - OST patchArbeitsbuch Für Auslander - OST patchArbeitsbuch Für Auslander - OST patch

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Arbeitsbuch Für Auslander - OST patch
    P
    Many

I suspect she was Yugoslav going by her name?

She worked for a spinning company, J.A. Kluge in Oberaltstadt, producing wool.

The town is now Czech and is known as Horní Staré Město.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Thank you Adrian. Very useful info to add to the card. Can you also make what town is written in the Geburtsort field? Novo Diprovoni??

Sorry I cannot make out the words.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

The country of origin is simply given as "besetzte Ostgebiete", i.e. "Occupied Eastern Territories", with her nationality listed as "ungeklärt (Ostarb." [= Ostarbeiter]), i.e. "unresolved (Eastern worker)", which doesn't help much either...

The place of birth is "Nowo Dipowni" in the county/district of "W. Dubatschansky". I can't find either place, but that's a common problem with such German transliterations from Russian/Cyrillic. (You often see the same place spelled in dozens of variations.)

Could the name Halina Dwornik be Ukrainian?

?

Hi HPL2008. Great effort and a big help. Do you really think the name is Dwornik and not Dvornik? I know very well that transliteration problem and even the manner of changing names of villages, etc... The surname could also be Polish.

Quote by jpgonc View Post
    Do you really think the name is Dwornik and not Dvornik?.
    Yes; it is a "w".

Quote by jpgonc View Post
    The surname could also be Polish.
    Sure, she may well have been an ethnic Pole or of Polish ancestry, but geographically, she definitely was from occupied former Soviet territory. We can tell from designation "Ostarbeiter" and her wearing the "OST" patch. (Poles wore a "P" patch.)
    Last edited by HPL2008; 09-12-2015 at 11:23 AM.