Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

'Armée Allemande Uniformes et signes distinctifs' (rare)

Article about: I don't know if this is the right thread, sorry if it isn't. I found this little book between some other books and I tried to google it. I couldn't find much apart from a French website sayi

Default Rare French uniforms book about Germany 'Armée Allemande Uniformes et signes distinctifs' (rare)

I don't know if this is the right thread, sorry if it isn't.

I found this little book between some other books and I tried to google it. I couldn't find much apart from a French website saying it's rare and some digital downloads of this book.

I would love to know more about this book. Is it perhaps ww2-era or is it post war? All the information about this book is more than welcome!

'Armée Allemande   Uniformes et signes distinctifs' (rare)

Regards,
    Alexander

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 'Armée Allemande   Uniformes et signes distinctifs' (rare)
    P
    Many

CBH
    ?

I believe all books are dated, or 99% are. Check title page and the back pages for a date.

Nice book either way.

There is no date to be found except from 1939 when you unfold the whole book, as you can see on the 4th picture.

CBH
    ?

That is strange, it could be period. Note the panzer beret and also skull and crossed bones collar.

Have you searched for similar books on-line?

Digital downloads sites say its publication date is 1939

If you have a look at Google you will find it as published by Chassany, [1939].
    Maybe they reprinted it with french text with reprints from the original plates?

CBH
    ?

That's very interesting, pre-war French language books about the German Army must be pretty rare.

Probably not as collectable as German language books. Nice find.

Maybe they designed it for the army? So you can see how you can recognise a German soldier whenever the Germans would invade?

?

I've never seen a period reference book, but the theory is interesting.

I've looked it up on google and I can only find a more popular, and more 'indirect' cover of this book.
    Judging the book by its cover (lol ) I'd personally suggest this to be a post-war reprint. The style of the art on the outside doesn't really make me believe that this is a period print. They would have likely used a more normal looking cover, other than displaying Germany's eagle like this.

Regards,
    Bas

I know what Gimmie was referring to. Google books shows this book with a brown cover. But I found out that it isn't the cover of the book. The image on google books is not the image of the book itself. It is a generic image which google uses whenever they do not have the rights to use or think the image is not appropriate for online usage..

Since it's still unsure from which era it is (pre-war or post war), I'm going to get it checked on authenticity.

I will keep you updated