Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Assistance needed in translating a letter

Article about: I am reaching out to the members here for your assistance. While cleaning up some boxes at the museum I work at, this letter was discovered at the bottom of one of the boxes. Could someone p

Here is the full translation:

"3 July 44.

Dearest mommy! We were very happy about your last letter. As always, we are learning a lot and so these sad days go by. But the sad days must have an end, too, and so we shall see you, dear mom, again. Dearest mommy, we now have your new photograph and it is hanging on the wall and there are always fresh flowers next to it. We are always looking at your face and remember the happy times with you. I play piano and am also learning to sing well. We also play handball. We already play it rather well. We are curious whether Reszczotka has written to you about what she is doing what kind of occupation she has, for we would like to know where she is working. Maybe you know how she is? I want to write you that I have gotten a nice wristwatch and I hope to get a finger ring as well. But nobody knows that I get such nice presentes. Really, the only thing missing is you, because we have everything we could wish for and the only thing we worry about is you. Aunt Taja and Kazin have come to see us as well as the uncle of aunt Nacia, who had a little child, but it has already died in the seventh month. Tell us whether you get many letters, for they have returned to of ours. Janka has already written about what else is new; so in the end I send you thouseands of kisses. Your loving daughter Kinia
    ."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Assistance needed in translating a letter
    P
    Many

?

As ever, excellent assistance and translation by some of WRF's finest - you know who you are -

Personally, I see no issues at all with the piece nor the official censor marking - many similar examples can be found within the thread linked below:

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/konze...rkings-337295/

Carl

p.s. Thank you to the original poster for sharing the item with us...and my best to you and yours at this difficult time.

Thank you all so very much.. I feel like you are all family...

Smitty

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2