Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Award Document grouping

Article about: Hi Guys, Wonder your opinions on this grouping that I have just picked up. They are all awarded to one man, Hermann Disch, who rose through the ranks, Gefreiten 1939, Oberjager then Unteroff

Default Award Document grouping

Hi Guys,
    Wonder your opinions on this grouping that I have just picked up. They are all awarded to one man, Hermann Disch, who rose through the ranks, Gefreiten 1939, Oberjager then Unteroffizier in October 1941. He started of in the 75th Infanterie Regiment & at some point transferred into the 229th Infanterie Regiment, would this have been an unusual thing, to transfer between regiments ? The signature on the Sudetenland medal is correct (left side General Major Herbert Geitner), the EK2 document should be signed by Joseph Brauner Von Haydringen, looks like he's signed it as Brauner. The EK2 document appears original texture, smell etc, so a bit confused, the 101st stamp is quite dark still & I can't seem to see the indentation when viewed from the reverse, a light stamping then ? The Infantry Assault Badge document is signed by an Oberstleutnant of the 229th Infanterie Regiment & was originally for a bronze award but has been crossed out & replaced by 'Silber'.
    Regards
    Paul
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Award Document grouping   Award Document grouping  

Award Document grouping   Award Document grouping  

Last edited by Pauls1970; 06-08-2018 at 09:58 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Award Document grouping
    P
    Many

Found the missing signature for the Infanterie Sturmabzeichen document, Hans Kissel, who eventually rose to a Generalmajor. At the pont of signing, he had 'acquired' the leadership of the 229th as well as other duties, explains the wording of his title, which had me 'foxed' !
    Regards
    Paul