Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

BDM girls attending an SS grave

Article about: Just picked this interesting photo up. BDM girls attending the grave of an SS 'Germania' soldier Hope you like it Nick

?

I wonder where this pictures was taken? Those are the "temporary" grave markers.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement BDM girls attending an SS grave
    P
    Many

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Propaganda photo promoting the cult of death?

What good is having a bunch of birds tending your grave? There's not much you can do about it once you're dead.
    Tending to soldiers' graves (as well as providing help and assistance to the surviving dependants of fallen soldiers) was part of the BDM's mission in wartime.

Sure, the grave care was part of the whole "death cult"/"hero worship" thing central to Nazi ideology, but I have no doubt it was appreciated by the deceased's families as well as by the local communities, especially if no relatives were at hand to tend to the graves.

(For example, if there were no living relatives to begin with or if they were too old and frail, or if the cemeteries were far away from the fallen's home etc.)

I go to tend my family's grave in Europe, too, in fact and am happy to do so.

My German Grandparents, Hans & Wilhelmine Ritter in 1944, and now resting together in Peace in Lampertheim, Germany...
    cheers, Glenn
    Attached Images Attached Images BDM girls attending an SS grave  BDM girls attending an SS grave 

Nick you didnt move to the dark side of the hobby you moved to the expensive side! Lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2