Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Befahigungszeugnis seeschiffer to hugo hans bruns

Article about: Hi All, not seen one of these before. I don't think it's military; but a civilian pass. Qualifying certificate or Befahigungszeugnis Seeschiffer to a sea-boat operator on coastal travel issu

Default Befahigungszeugnis seeschiffer to hugo hans bruns

Hi All, not seen one of these before. I don't think it's military; but a civilian pass. Qualifying certificate or Befahigungszeugnis Seeschiffer to a sea-boat operator on coastal travel issued to 05/04/1944. Issued to Hugo Hans Bruns born 1907 in Kiel, Germany. The document is in the style of an Ausweis. It must have been quite a rare achievement to be allowed unrestricted travel on the coast in wartime (1944) and the pass is only numbered 18,

Cheers,

Richard.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Befahigungszeugnis seeschiffer to hugo hans bruns   Befahigungszeugnis seeschiffer to hugo hans bruns  

Befahigungszeugnis seeschiffer to hugo hans bruns   Befahigungszeugnis seeschiffer to hugo hans bruns  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Befahigungszeugnis seeschiffer to hugo hans bruns
    P
    Many

I have no idea how rare it is, but it is indeed an civilian pass that allows the owner to sail ships in the costal area, the area is further described as: All places of the main land, spreading from cape Grisnez
    (Cap Gris-Nez in france?) till the (Ugger?) channel, including the upstream islands and the island Helgoland (goes on further).

My theory would be he transported important freight through channels and between the islands, and thus would have had to do this even while the war was fully raging.

Thanks for the info Adravor Much appreciated. Yeah, I'm not sure how rare; but it's certainly an interesting pass.

Definitly an interesting piece, that is true!

Yes it is worth the price you paid for it, it's an interesting pass.

Yeah, I was pleased with the price. He's got some interesting items.

Dujailah; That sounds like the U.S. 200-ton Master’s license in that Bruns was limited to 600 CBM which is 212 register tons. That’s about the size of the SS G. H. McNeal, pictured below. She was 144 feet long, drew 5 feet, and was 244 register tons. I agree with Adravor that the cargo he carried was probably high priority. That is a nice document to have. Dwight

Befahigungszeugnis seeschiffer to hugo hans bruns

Thanks for the info Dwight. Much appreciated