Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

A Berlin soldiers story.

Article about: G'day fellas, I recently picked up this great little grouping, it all belongs to the same man, an Erich Walder(n) he was a soldier in the battle of Berlin. I have the mans dog tag, his soldb

That's a fantastic little grouping Bruce (Dave) as said he must have had a rough time to say the least during the battle of Berlin, i'd love to own that group myself so if you ever decide to part with it let me know.
    Great work from Andreas BTW, there has been some crap talked about this forum lately but people like this are the reason i love the place!...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A Berlin soldiers story.
    P
    Many

Ah, I misinterpreted some of what I read there it seems. Thanks for setting it straight Andreas.

I'm amazed at the persistence of bureaucracy even into the last days. The need for such varied paperwork and for it to be signed off by so many officials seems a bit pointless given the obvious situation.

Woops! sorry, didnt see all the other Reply pages with all the answers you need.
    Still new and learning to work this forum!

Quote by Sveimhugi View Post
    Woops! sorry, didnt see all the other Reply pages with all the answers you need.
    Still new and learning to work this forum!
    Don't be sorry mate, I appreciate your input!

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    That's a fantastic little grouping Bruce (Dave) as said he must have had a rough time to say the least during the battle of Berlin, i'd love to own that group myself so if you ever decide to part with it let me know.
    Great work from Andreas BTW, there has been some crap talked about this forum lately but people like this are the reason i love the place!...
    G'day Paul, thanks mate, it is a great little group! I've actually had three people say they'd like to buy this group if I decide to sell but I'm pretty keen on hanging onto it. I'll put you top of the list if I change my mind mate!

There has been some derogatory comments made about the forum of late but I think this forum is great, I've always found nothing but good advice freely given here. This thread is a great example of that.

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    Ah, I misinterpreted some of what I read there it seems. Thanks for setting it straight Andreas.

I'm amazed at the persistence of bureaucracy even into the last days. The need for such varied paperwork and for it to be signed off by so many officials seems a bit pointless given the obvious situation.
    Just goes to show there is no end to government bureaucracy, no matter what government or what's taking place around it! Thanks for your input mate.

?

Dave,

That will be great addition to your 'Berlin Wall'. I was interested that although he was in his 30s, Erich wasn't called up until the closing months of the war. I'm assuming that a clerk wasn't - in British terms - a reserved occupation. Perhaps he wasn't passed medically fit before? I suppose that we will never know.

Regards,

Philip

nice one Dave.

MAP
    ?

HPL2008

Appreciate any corrections to my input. My command of German vocabulary lessens with age (just a couple of years in HS back 25 years ago). My attempt at Google Translate was not to give a perfect translation but to give Sandgrouper an idea of what the items were for. It was done around midnight and quickly. Learned much from this very interesting thread.

?

Very nice group Dave , quite unusual to find one from the final Gotterdammerung in Berlin !!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3