Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

A Bigger Bombing Map Of Liverpool

Article about: When I saw this, I just had to have it. All the targets are outlined in red and the descriptions are on the right of the map. Seaforth and Litherland Docks were heavily bombed. I don't think

Thumbs up A Bigger Bombing Map Of Liverpool

When I saw this, I just had to have it.

All the targets are outlined in red and the descriptions are on the right of the map.

Seaforth and Litherland Docks were heavily bombed.

I don't think this was the type that was taken on a aircraft, more likely used at the Airfield base?

One of my friends parents home is on the Map

Luckily it wasn't hit.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A Bigger Bombing Map Of Liverpool   A Bigger Bombing Map Of Liverpool  

A Bigger Bombing Map Of Liverpool   A Bigger Bombing Map Of Liverpool  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A Bigger Bombing Map Of Liverpool
    P
    Many

One of my mothers earliest memories as a child was being in Liverpool waiting for the train back to Wrexham with my Gran when the Air Raid Sirens went off, must have been late afternoon/early evening. She had been to have her photograph taken to send overseas to my grandad. When ever she looks at the photograph now it brings back all the memories

This is an interesting watch, Ricky Tomlinson, Blitz Cities, Liverpool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iARGjM0DYUQ

My mother lived about half a mile from the docks in Juvenal st just off Scotland rd, she was evacuated to north Wales with her three sisters. My Grandmother would travel by train to visit them every couple of months!....

Yes alot of children from Liverpool were evacuated to North Wales. My great grandmother took quite a few in my mother has told me

?

I am very late to this post but I can see my house on this map. Near the bottom you can see a gas works and near that is park with a lake, literally a stones throw from there is my house, still signs of bomb damage to some houses in the way of subsidence and plenty of gaps in the streets where houses once stood with are now rented garages.
    Cheers Jenko

A Bigger Bombing Map Of LiverpoolWhat you have is one of the city maps from a German Militärgeographische Einzelgaben über England: Here is a set I have
    A Bigger Bombing Map Of LiverpoolA Bigger Bombing Map Of LiverpoolA Bigger Bombing Map Of LiverpoolA Bigger Bombing Map Of Liverpool

The full set has 12 folders for each area, I have posted a picture of the contents list so you can see that the Liverpool city map is from set 4. Hope this helps.