Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

British general inspection german troops????????????

Article about: Hello all picked these up a while ago ....anyone know who the Britcsh high ranking officer is...i think it is from 1937/38... need help on this one....

Default British general inspection german troops????????????

Hello all picked these up a while ago ....anyone know who the Britcsh high ranking officer is...i think it is from 1937/38...
    need help on this one....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British general inspection german troops????????????  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement British general inspection german troops????????????
    P
    Many

Default Re: British general inspection german troops????????????

A found the other one
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British general inspection german troops????????????  

I am not 100% certain, but it could be Sir Cyril Deverell, perhaps on his 1937 visit to Germany, where he was a guest at the Wehrmacht's autumn manoeuvres.

BRITISH DELEGATION LEAVES FOR GERMANY - British Pathé

Thanks HPL i think you answered that question...
    Field Marshal Sir Cyril John Deverell, GCB, KBE, ADC, DL (9 November 1874 – 12 May 1947) was a British career military officer who served as Chief of the Imperial General Staff in 1936 and 1937. He fought in the Fourth Anglo-Ashanti War and World War I and later advised the Government on the importance of maintaining the capability to mount an Expeditionary Force for operations on mainland Europe.He was appointed ADC to the King on 10 February 1934[21] and promoted to field marshal on 15 May 1936[22] before assuming the position of Chief of the Imperial General Staff that same day.[10] In that capacity he advised the Government on the importance of maintaining the capability to mount an Expeditionary Force for operations on mainland Europe.[10] In May 1937 Leslie Hore-Belisha, the newly appointed Secretary of State for War, sought to implement a new policy of limiting expenditure on the army, particularly on tanks, and when Deverall failed to show enthusiasm for that policy in the context of an increasing threat from Germany, Hore-Belisha wrote to him, advising him that he had been removed from office.[1] Deverell wrote a reply to the Secretary of State, strongly objecting to the adverse comments that had been made on his own performance, and retired from the British Army on 6 December 1937.
    mmmmm
    Attached Images Attached Images British general inspection german troops????????????