Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Camouflaged Tiger I tank on train changing tracks. Photo album

Article about: Hello everyone! I recently acquired a very interesting photo album with some really nice pictures. I only had time to scan 1 of the pictures in very high resolution. (I have a professional n

Question Camouflaged Tiger I tank on train changing tracks. Photo album

Hello everyone! I recently acquired a very interesting photo album with some really nice pictures. I only had time to scan 1 of the pictures in very high resolution. (I have a professional negative/ photo scanner at my disposal). I will scan more of the album soon.

There is nothing written in the album, nog regiment, no names, nothing. It could be that there's some writing on the back of the pictures but they are glued in at the corners.
    I just want to know if there's any way to identify the tigers in this picture. It is a camo Tiger 1. On the left hand side in the back you can see another Tiger, only the turret is visible. But you can cearly see the Tiger's number. Either 101 or 104 (I'm leaning more to the 104).

It would be nice if we could identify the battalion or regiment. There are more clues in the album (locations etc..) I will post more pictures soon.

The photo posted is a cropped version of the original. The second is a close-up on the turret of the second tiger.

Here's a link to the photo in higher resolution since this forum tends to compress the photo's. (right click the photo to open it in new tab or window for full size)

Camouflaged Tiger I tank on train changing tracks. Photo albumCamouflaged Tiger I tank on train changing tracks. Photo album
    Last edited by kirederf7; 02-20-2017 at 08:12 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Camouflaged Tiger I tank on train changing tracks. Photo album
    P
    Many

It's probably impossible to find out anything from this picture alone but maybe someone recognizes the camo / zimmerit pattern.
    Last edited by kirederf7; 02-20-2017 at 08:09 PM.

Hi, nice photo.

Can't tell you about the Tiger but the wagon to the right has SNCF on it, thus French. So I'd take a guess the photos were taken in France, perhaps.

What I can say about the Tiger is that the crew are changing the tracks from transport to combat ones, or vise versa.

Yeah that where my thoughts too!