Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Can someone identify if this is a ribbon bar on this soldier?

Article about: Hey, got some better quality photos of my great grandfather and noticed what appears to be a ribbon bar on his tunic. It looks to be a two piece, but I'm not certain. I was wondering if you

?

Default Can someone identify if this is a ribbon bar on this soldier?

Hey, got some better quality photos of my great grandfather and noticed what appears to be a ribbon bar on his tunic. It looks to be a two piece, but I'm not certain. I was wondering if you could help, thanks!Can someone identify if this is a ribbon bar on this soldier?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Can someone identify if this is a ribbon bar on this soldier?
    P
    Many

It's more than likely a ribbon for the WWI commemorative
    Hindenburg Cross.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Thanks for the reply!

?

I found this photo which shows a medal which looks quite similar, its a 1938 Austrian Anschluss medal ribbon.

?

Do you guys think my guess was correct or is it stil too hard to decifer?

With the limited quality of the photo it is very hard to tell, I would lean more towards Steve's guess, however your guess may also be plausible.

The photo is not nearly clear enough for a positive ID, but it looks like the Austrian annexation medal to me as well.

This also makes sense as Herr Kasinger was an Austrian and a Nazi activist even prior to the annexation. The 1914/18 Honor Cross is not even possible as we was born in 1906. How do I know this? From the other threads in which he featured.

Will: No offense, but let me repeat my advice from last year... It's really not practical to keep starting new threads about your great-grandfather, and my above comment illustrates why it is useful to keep all the available information on him in one place.

Got a pic of my ggd help identify
    Need more info on my ggd, SS officer Josef Kasinger, 21st Skanderbeg division
    GGD was originally in LAH, or Das Riech
    Great grandfathers SA wedding photos
    My great grandfathers death card. Need help idenifying if he was in the Panzer Crops.