Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Citation in Mein Kampf

Article about: Hi all, bought a 1939 copy of Mein Kampf with dust cover in German at the local flea market last saturday and was surprised to find the owner's name with a citation glued on the page below i

Default Re: Citation in Mein Kampf

Had the chance of a wedding presentation copy of Mein kampf at the same market but left it at 85 pounds which I thought a little expensive. Roland.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Citation in Mein Kampf
    P
    Many

Quote by rolandm View Post
    Hi, now you've got me thinkng, I've always liked reading this book in English but have never had a German version so decided to buy this one at 20 pounds, I wonder how much it's actually worth. Cheers, Roland.
    20 Pounds is a good price, I should think.
    Many years ago they were about $35. CDN/US

I also think that this citation copy is better than a 'wedding
    version, unless it was personally signed by AH himself.....!
    Regards,

Steve.

Over here you have to pay approx €300 for a German "Mein kampf" in a good or mint condition.

cheers,

300 euros? Maybe i should start buying them up and ship them over there. Is it banned in Holland? Roland.

If the signature is Amann, this will be your man:

Max Amann - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hi Adrian, yes, the signature is Amann, thanks for the link, interesting story behind him. Cheers, Roland.

Yes and no with the banning section.
    U can't buy them legally over here, as they may not be selled on sites etc.
    For what i know there are still a lot of these books in a depot somewhere in the Netherlands. The government tried to legalize these books but they didn't make it...
    The weird thing is that owning the book isn't against the law but selling is.. (for what i know)

I want to buy a German version if someone has one and want's to get rid of it please PM me!

cheers,

I agree with you, it's absolutely stupid banning this book. It was written published and sold in Germany but it's forbidden there. Here in England I have two small gold swastikas people used to wear around their necks, they were made here and are hallmarked one made in the Victorian era the other in 1922, we have always used this symbol here as a sign of good luck, in fact there are many above the local metro station but they still say you shouldn't wear them because it's an offensive symbol, what rubbish, my father is 88 and he fought in the war, he certainly doesn't think they are offensive. E-bay prohibits the sale of buckles badges etc. which bear the swastika but you can freely buy and sell Mein kampf, isn't that ridiculous too? There are three copies in German for sale on e-bay.co.uk couldn't you obtain one from there? Cheers, Roland.

I will take a peek at Ebay someday because i can't find them in my country for "normal" prices. They do know what to ask for these kinds of books.
    I have a Dutch translation myself, only 150.000 were produced. The one i have has the paper cover still there, only a little bit is missing. In 2015 the rights on this book will expire (in the Netherlands). They are planning to release it again.
    I hope to find one for a reasonable price

btw: The man which translated the German version lived aprox 30 km away from where i live. Never knew that...

cheers,

Quote by klokhoane View Post
    Over here you have to pay approx €300 for a German "Mein kampf" in a good or mint condition.

cheers,
    Hey, that's apples to oranges.

20 GPB is a good deal, since it's the standard people's edition with special dedication. Would think it might be worth 100€.

Special editions get you the 300€, and some others are way more than that.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast