Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Citation in Mein Kampf

Article about: Hi all, bought a 1939 copy of Mein Kampf with dust cover in German at the local flea market last saturday and was surprised to find the owner's name with a citation glued on the page below i

Default Re: Citation in Mein Kampf

Over here there are not very many people selling the book. As like i said it's forbidden.
    A normal version of this book can be sold at approx 200 to 300 euro's.
    If something is rare people are willing to pay more to have it

cheers,

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Citation in Mein Kampf
    P
    Many

Quote by klokhoane View Post
    Over here there are not very many people selling the book. As like i said it's forbidden.
    A normal version of this book can be sold at approx 200 to 300 euro's.
    If something is rare people are willing to pay more to have it

cheers,
    The original version is not even "forbidden" in Germany, so why would it be in the Netherlands ? What you may be referring to is the copyright still held by Bavaria, but that applies to newly printed editions only. I have heard this fairy tale a lot of times, but it's the uninformed that tend to spend too much.

I'd be happy to sell a few standard editions at 250,- € each, just send me a PM !

I agree, ban something totally and there is suddenly a huge market for it, those who have in their posession what is banned can charge the earth for it. Roland.

Reading over the first couple of pages I have a new query. It says famtlicher(It's in Gothic script) or samtilcher ausgaben, any ideas if this is the people's edition or other, many thanks, Roland.

Quote by der-hase-fee View Post
    Hey, that's apples to oranges.

20 GPB is a good deal, since it's the standard people's edition with special dedication. Would think it might be worth 100€.

Special editions get you the 300€, and some others are way more than that.
    On the inside cover opposite hitler's photo it says famtlicher or samtlicher ausgaben, is this the people's edition? Thanks, Roland.

Quote by rolandm View Post
    On the inside cover opposite hitler's photo it says famtlicher or samtlicher ausgaben, is this the people's edition? Thanks, Roland.
    It would have to be "sämtlicher Ausgaben", but this simply means "of all editions"; thus it is just a fragment of a longer text.

Can you post the full sentence/paragraph/entry or a scan of that page?

Hi, Sorry, my mistake. The page opposite Hitler's photo says: Zwei Bande in einem Band. Ungekurzte Ausgabe, this I understand but overleaf it reads: Gesamtauflage samptlicher Ausgaben 4 900 000 Exemplare. Does this help? Cheers, Roland.

I meant samtlicher and not samptlicher.

Hi, Sorry, my mistake. The page opposite Hitler's photo says: Zwei Bande in einem Band. Ungekurzte Ausgabe, this I understand but overleaf it reads: Gesamtauflage samptlicher Ausgaben 4 900 000 Exemplare. Does this help? Cheers, Roland.
    4.9M is the 424th to 428th printing by Deutscher Verlag, Berlin. Available both in Peoples and Wedding Editions.

Ungekurzte Ausgabe, this I understand but overleaf it reads: Gesamtauflage samptlicher Ausgaben 4 900 000 Exemplare. Does this help? Cheers, Roland.
    Yes; "Gesamtauflage sämtlicher Ausgaben 4.900.000 Exemplare" means "Total number of copies in all editions 4,900,000 copies".

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast