Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Concentration Camp Letters and Receipt

Article about: I'm considering selling my holocaust items including a number of letters from the Concentration Camps. I'm posting a few of them here with the hopes that someone could give me an idea of the

Default Concentration Camp Letters and Receipt

I'm considering selling my holocaust items including a number of letters from the Concentration Camps. I'm posting a few of them here with the hopes that someone could give me an idea of their value. Thanks for any advice. I've only scanned the outside text of any letters. Please excuse the quality as my scanner for some reason crops the edges of some letters off.
    Concentration Camp Letters and ReceiptConcentration Camp Letters and ReceiptConcentration Camp Letters and ReceiptConcentration Camp Letters and ReceiptConcentration Camp Letters and ReceiptConcentration Camp Letters and ReceiptConcentration Camp Letters and ReceiptConcentration Camp Letters and ReceiptConcentration Camp Letters and ReceiptConcentration Camp Letters and ReceiptConcentration Camp Letters and ReceiptConcentration Camp Letters and ReceiptConcentration Camp Letters and ReceiptConcentration Camp Letters and ReceiptConcentration Camp Letters and ReceiptConcentration Camp Letters and ReceiptConcentration Camp Letters and ReceiptConcentration Camp Letters and ReceiptConcentration Camp Letters and ReceiptConcentration Camp Letters and ReceiptConcentration Camp Letters and Receipt

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Concentration Camp Letters and Receipt
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Concentration Camp Letters and Receipt

A fine collection. All original examples. The piece with the small illustration is very nice. PM on its way with regards to values.

Regards,

Carl

I may be interested in a few items. PM me for futher negotiation.

A very fine collection!

Do you have any "Polenlager" or other "KL Ravensbrück" paper ephemera in your collection such as this one?

This letter looks like it was dated December 1941— a few months after my grandmother who was KL Ravensbrück prisoner no. 5953 transported from Warsaw in April 1941. I think prisoner number 8429 was part of the batch issued to first large transport of inmates from Pawiak prison in Warsaw but I will check on this.

update:

Unfortunately No. 8429 is in a block of numbers missing from the data between no. 5766 (part of transport form Bydgoszczy and Suwałk) on 15 April 1941 and starting again with no. 9064 a German prisoner transported 20 January 1942. As only 60% of the records survived it is not surprising to find large gaps in available data. I have added no. 8429 into my reference book
    Last edited by StefanM; 11-26-2012 at 11:30 AM.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Quote by 4thskorpion View Post
    A very fine collection!

Do you have any "Polenlager" or other "KL Ravensbrück" paper ephemera in your collection such as this one?

This letter looks like it was dated December 1941— a few months after my grandmother who was KL Ravensbrück prisoner no. 5953 transported from Warsaw in April 1941. I think prisoner number 8429 was part of the batch issued to first large transport of inmates from Pawiak prison in Warsaw but I will check on this.

update:

Unfortunately No. 8429 is in a block of numbers missing from the data between no. 5766 (part of transport form Bydgoszczy and Suwałk) on 15 April 1941 and starting again with no. 9064 a German prisoner transported 20 January 1942. As only 60% of the records survived it is not surprising to find large gaps in available data. I have added no. 8429 into my reference book
    This one pictured is the only one I have for Ravenbruck. I don't see too many around and found them har to come by.

?

KL Ravensbruck examples, whilst not as common as Dachau letters for example, are not that difficult to come by. At any given time, most of the larger camps are represented by a few examples on the market.

Regards,

Carl

If anyone has or comes across any Ravensbruck letters with prisoner name and no. I would appreciate if they could make a note of the details and drop me a PM so I can update the existing data

I am updating the dataset published in Ravensbrück: kobiecy obóz koncentracyjny by Wanda Kiedrzyńska
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

?

Quote by 4thskorpion View Post
    If anyone has or comes across any Ravensbruck letters with prisoner name and no. I would appreciate if they could make a note of the details and drop me a PM so I can update the existing data

I am updating the dataset published in Ravensbrück: kobiecy obóz koncentracyjny by Wanda Kiedrzyńska
    A credit to you...well done.

Regards,

Carl

aileverte
    ?

I'm very late joining this discussion ... and probably too late for my words to have any weight. I was just wondering whether you have ever tried approaching any archives -- I would imagine many institutions would be interested in acquiring these documents.

On a more personal note, I am wondering whether you have by any chance made scanned copies of all of the documents and whether you would be willing to share them? I am working on a text (of creative writing, but based on and involving research into family history) and I would be very grateful for access to documentation.

Thanks in advance!

?

Quote by aileverte View Post
    I'm very late joining this discussion ... and probably too late for my words to have any weight. I was just wondering whether you have ever tried approaching any archives -- I would imagine many institutions would be interested in acquiring these documents.

On a more personal note, I am wondering whether you have by any chance made scanned copies of all of the documents and whether you would be willing to share them? I am working on a text (of creative writing, but based on and involving research into family history) and I would be very grateful for access to documentation.

Thanks in advance!
    Welcome to the forum.

Re: Institutions acquiring items.

Unfortunately, the majority will only accept donations, which sadly never see the light of day, but remain locked away in storage.

Regards,

Carl

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast