Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Convolute KVK + Swords, King Zvonimir Urkunde with Questions?

Article about: Hello Gentlemen, Bought a small convolute last Saturday at the flea-market. A signals Unteroffizier - Alois Engelhardt killed in the last days of the war in Berlin. The convolute consist of

?

Default Convolute KVK + Swords, King Zvonimir Urkunde with Questions?

Hello Gentlemen,
    Bought a small convolute last Saturday at the flea-market. A signals Unteroffizier - Alois Engelhardt killed in the last days of the war in Berlin. The convolute consist of "KVK with swords" Urkunde, a two page Croatian award document "Order of the Crown of King Zvonimir 2nd Class with Oak Leaves" a congratulatory notification from his unit leader on the Croatian award, the soldiers death card, a invitation card to a church remembrance service held a year later for the soldier. I didn't get the EK2 Urkunde, it was missing.
    Researching the soldiers company Funk-Kompanie F (mot) 672 has been harder than I expected, apart from getting the Feldpost Number 45702 -28/2/41 till 21/5/45 nothing at all, can anyone help?
    First dealing with the KVK document, the signature I take to be from General P. Bader overall commanding officer of the German Forces in Serbia, I know the wehrmacht held a strict protercol about who signed what, still surprised me to see a generals signature on a lowly KVK document have any other collectors encountered this ?
    King Zvonimir 2nd Class with oak leaves award document, describes Engelhardt's company so - Nachr. Kp. Urbach - does the name Urbach mean anything to anyone ? There a number of classes and variants both military and civil of King Zvonimir's medal, I've looked extensively through the internet but not managed to find a medal that matches the award document yet, King Zvonimir 2nd Class with oak leaves military version. If anyone has a picture, would they mind posting it. Any information welcome.
    Best Wishes
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Convolute KVK + Swords, King Zvonimir Urkunde with Questions?   Convolute KVK + Swords, King Zvonimir Urkunde with Questions?  

Convolute KVK + Swords, King Zvonimir Urkunde with Questions?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Convolute KVK + Swords, King Zvonimir Urkunde with Questions?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Convolute KVK + Swords, King Zvonimir Urkunde with Questions?

It is very common to see General rank officer (up to and including Generalfeldmarschall) signatures on a KvK citation, in fact the vast majority of them are. Sometimes you will see someone of a lower rank signing on behalf of a General, and sometimes you will see one signed by an Oberst but by and large the majority of signatures belong to General rank officers. In fact it is usually a cheaper way to obtain desireable signatures on award citations as KvK citations tend to be cheaper then EK ones.

?

Hello Kevin,
    Thanks for the extra information, something I wasn't so knowledgeable on. A point of interest, I know you are a collector of signatures, do you have a General Bader signature if so, is it comparable to my one on the KVK Urkunde ?
    Again thanks for the help.
    Best wishes
    Alec

I'm afraid I don't have an example of his signature but I don't see anything wrong with it. The position of Kommandierender General und Befehlshaber Serbien was dissolved in August 1943, but the date of Sept 1943 on the citation isn't a problem, and Paul Bader then held the position of Commanding Officer XXI Gebirgs-Armeekorps.

As for Order of the Crown of King Zvonimir 2nd Class (not to be confused with Medal of the Order of King Zvonimir) here is an image with a link to the 2nd Class and an explanation for the addition of the oakleaves...
    Axis History Factbook: Order of the Crown of King Zvonimir (Croatia)

ALECH, JUST CAME UPON THIS THREAD.......................Dave H
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Convolute KVK + Swords, King Zvonimir Urkunde with Questions?  

?

Dave - thanks for the picture, it was a long time coming, but well worth the wait, nice looking piece, are they worth much ? Again thanks for the post.
    Regards

Alech,,,, Google King Zvonimir Cross....than check order of King Zvonimir..under E medals,,,cross sold for $650.00............Dave H

?

Dave - That's a staggering price - makes me wonder what the citation is worth ? thanks for the information