Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Couple of SS Feldpost

Article about: I know of no stamp collector that would intentionaly punch holes in a collectable item,maybe a kid but no real collector would do that.Sort of like a paper money collector punching holes in

Default Re: Couple of SS Feldpost

I know of no stamp collector that would intentionaly punch holes in a collectable item,maybe a kid but no real collector would do that.Sort of like a paper money collector punching holes in thossand dollar bills so he could flip through at ease.I am always avaliable to offer advise on German Stamps and or Propaganda postcards of the 33-45 peroid.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Couple of SS Feldpost
    P
    Many

I find it odd that there is only one hole in each of the envelopes. If they had holes punched into them so they could be kept in a binder, one would expect a pair of holes. Maybe there is some other reason?

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    If you would like some data on the recipient of the first letter...:

Name: Uhlig Albert
    NSDAP-Number: 2 434 106
    SS-Number: 133 839
    Date of Birth: 31 March 1898
    Promotion Dates:
    - Untersturmführer = 20 April 1936
    - Obersturmführer = 13 September 1936
    - Hauptsturmführer = 12 September 1937
    - Sturmbannführer = 11 September 1938
    - Standartenführer = 30 January 1943
    Awards and Decorations:
    Iron Cross 2nd Class (WW1), War Merit Cross 2nd Class with Swords, 1914/18 Cross of Honor with Swords, unspecified Landesorden, SA Sports Badge, SS Honor Sword, SS Honor Ring.
    Duty Assignments:
    Stab Inspektion SS-VT (as per SS-DAL of 1 Dec. 1938), RuS-Hauptamt (as per SS-DAL of 10 Jan. 1942, 30 Jan. 1944 and 9 Nov. 1944)
    Other Data: Member of Lebensborn e.V.
    HPL,

Remarkable, what is the source of the info so quickly if it is not rude of me to ask?

I take it he was an old boy then as his awards are from WW1, more of an admin type from his postings. Is it normal for SS officers to be a member of Lebensborn program?

Thanks again.

Jock

The one hole would mean that the item was kept in a clear plastic sleve and kept on a thing like a decorators paint chip holder so you could ''fan'' out a number of items.Operaman

Quote by jock auld View Post
    Remarkable, what is the source of the info so quickly if it is not rude of me to ask?
    No, of course, it's not rude at all. The data is taken straight from the SS-Dienstalterslisten (SS-Officers' Seniority Lists).
    [I don't own original copies of the SS-DAL; but facsimile reprints of several - alas, not not all - issues of these lists have been published over the years from different publishers, for example the SS-DAL of 1 Oct. 34 by Ulric of England or the SS-DAL of 1 Dec. 1938 by Biblio-Verlag. Some where also viewable online on a Polish website, but I can't find them anymore; guess they were taken down. Anyway, those lists are excellent and handy research tools.]

Quote by jock auld View Post
    I take it he was an old boy then as his awards are from WW1, more of an admin type from his postings. Is it normal for SS officers to be a member of Lebensborn program?
    Yes, it was. If I recall correctly, all full-time SS-officers were even required to become members.

Quote by operaman View Post
    The one hole would mean that the item was kept in a clear plastic sleve and kept on a thing like a decorators paint chip holder so you could ''fan'' out a number of items.Operaman
    Ah, I see; makes perfect sense! Thanks for the explanation.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2