Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Dachau postal covers

Article about: here are two letters from the SS feldpost to a Kommandantur frau Grete v. Eisenstein one from Vienna/& one from Nieder-Donnau. silas

Default Dachau postal covers

here are two letters from the SS feldpost to a Kommandantur frau Grete v. Eisenstein one from Vienna/& one from Nieder-Donnau.

silas

Dachau postal coversDachau postal coversDachau postal coversDachau postal coversDachau postal coversDachau postal coversDachau postal coversDachau postal coversDachau postal coversDachau postal coversDachau postal coversDachau postal covers

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Dachau postal covers
    P
    Many

actually i should have titled them envelopes,.nevrmind.lol

I think that I found some info about them. It looks like they wrote a lot of letters. It's not the first time I see their name on envelopes.

SS Feldpost from Dachau and Oranienburg Concentration Camps

Alfred von Eisenstein was a young Waffen-SS Unterscharführer and Rottenführer on the staff of the Kommandant at the Nazi Konzentrationslager Dachau (KLD or Dachau Concentration Camp) during the period 1940 - 1942. His complete address was 1/SS T. Stuba [Totenkopf Verband] -K.L.Dachau 3K, 1 Komp. 2 Zug.
    Von Eisenstein was married and frequently wrote Waffen SS Feldpost letters to his wife Grete in Wien (Vienna, the second largest city in the Großdeutschland of Adolf Hitler) and later in Gresten, Germany.

In the mid 1990s we purchased all the empty Waffen-SS Feldpost envelopes that Frau von Eisenstein had received from her husband during World War II. After leaving Dachau Concentration Camp, Alfred von Eisenstein also served on the staff of the Kommandant at the Nazi Concentration Camps at Herzogenbusch in Holland, and at Sachsenhausen and Oranienburg near Berlin. We have sold all of the KL Sachsenhausen envelopes but still have the following SS-Feldpost Dachau, KL Oranienburg and KL Herzogenbusch envelopes available for sale.

Eisenstein's letter to his wife naturally contains personal stuff about recent letters he received, but also mentions his recent visit to the SS-Berghaus. He mentions that the great SS Officer Otto Skorzeny was ill in Vienna. From the context it is apparent that the Eisensteins knew Skorzeny as Alfons wrote his wife with the name and address of the military hospital where Skorzeny was being treated for severe gallbladder problems! The letter also contains updates on several friends, one of them a SS Reiter.

Alfons von Eisenstein signed of as "Alfi" and in the PS mentioned that he would get paid the next day.

This envelope is the only one from the Eisenstein lot that contained a letter. Apparently Grete Eisenstein destroyed most of the letters. Somehow this one survived. This is an extremeley rare opportunity to purchase the actual correspondence of a SS-Rottenführer working at the other of all Nazi concentration camps, Dachau, who writes about things beyond the ordinary.

thankyou wewelsburg,.much appretiated

silas

?

Quote by Overthetop View Post
    actually i should have titled them envelopes,.nevrmind.lol
    Edited accordingly.

?

Hi Wewelsburg,
    do you by any chance still have any SS-Feldpost KL Herzogenbusch envelopes available?
    I collect items related to 's-Hertogenbosch / Herzogenbusch