Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Daf book

Article about: HI folks whilst in the Derbyshire Dales i came across this book in one little shop, i understand it was part of a trade union, His name was Wilhelm Reinicke and stamped from 1936-45 i notice

Default Daf book

HI folks whilst in the Derbyshire Dales i came across this book in one little shop, i understand it was part of a trade union, His name was Wilhelm Reinicke and stamped from 1936-45 i noticed during the later years the stamps became ink marked, if anyone can translate a little more i would be so grateful
    Steve
    Daf book
    Daf book
    Daf book
    Daf book
    Daf book
    Daf book
    Daf book
    Daf book
    Daf book
    Daf book

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Daf book
    P
    Many

Ok it's a membership book for the DAF, he was born on the 10th October 1904 in a towns name i can't quite make out but it ends in "ingen" which are usually in the district of Swabia. His occupation was "Schlusser" which i think is a jailor/prison officer!...I bet i'm wrong though!...

Thanks Gunny, seems he saw the war through, and paid all his dues.

Can't figure out where he was born, however, he was a Locksmith by trade (Schlosser) and worked at the Junkers Flugzeug- und Motorenwerke near Dessau.

I stand corrected it is indeed Schlosser and not Schlusser!...

he was a schlosser not a schlusser. hic bottoms up.as he schlossed it down.lol.

Thanks guys, Junkers? aircraft builders right.

Quote by jacques4u View Post
    Can't figure out where he was born, however, he was a Locksmith by trade (Schlosser) and worked at the Junkers Flugzeug- und Motorenwerke near Dessau.
    Nice book , well marked !

I am also a locksmith by trade.

Quote by greatwhite View Post
    HI folks whilst in the Derbyshire Dales i came across this book in one little shop, i understand it was part of a trade union.
    Not a true trade union as such: The DAF was the Nazi-controlled unified labor front. All unions were forcefully disbanded by the Third Reich government, with their place taken by the DAF.

He used to be a union member, though: On page 5, the book lists previous membership with the Deutscher Metallarbeiter-Verband [German Metal Workers Union] from 16th Jan. 1928 to 31st Aug. 1934 with transfer to the DAF on 1st Sept. 1934 (it is worth noting, though, that the DMV had already been disbanded in 1933).

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Ok it's a membership book for the DAF, he was born on the 10th October 1904 in a towns name i can't quite make out but it ends in "ingen" which are usually in the district of Swabia.
    The birthplace is Elfringen; that's the German name for Avrincourt (Moselle) in Lorraine. The commune became part of Germany after the war of 1870/71 and returned to France after WWI.

Thank you so much guys, do you think being skilled saved him from being called up, its a pity these books did not have photo ID.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast