MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

"Das Neue Reich"

Article about: Hi Guys, here is a cigarette card album dating from 1934. These were popular items as cigarette card collecting was a widespread hobby with most adults of the day beng smokers. The cover is

Default "Das Neue Reich"

Hi Guys, here is a cigarette card album dating from 1934. These were popular items as cigarette card collecting was a widespread hobby with most adults of the day beng smokers.

The cover is a bit worn, but the pages are all intact and every card, all 156 of them, are still in place. The old taped repair I managed to remove, but the glue has stained the cover.

The theme of the album, as expected from the title, covers the first year of the NSDAP in power. Ernst Rohm is shown in this edition, but I believe he was taken out of later editions in order to air brush him out of the Party's history.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture "Das Neue Reich"   "Das Neue Reich"  

"Das Neue Reich"   "Das Neue Reich"  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement "Das Neue Reich"
    P
    Many

pjm
    ?

Default Re: "Das Neue Reich"

For this book and others like it, replacement cards and captions were issued for the images and mention of Roehm and other personalities who had fallen from grace. Later editions were published with the changes.

I once had one of these with all the images of Goebbels defaced. Apparently, the owner had some particular issue.

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

[QUOTE=pjm;28504]For this book and others like it, replacement cards and captions were issued for the images and mention of Roehm and other personalities who had fallen from grace. Later editions were published with the changes.

I once had one of these with all the images of Goebbels defaced. Apparently, the owner had some particular issue.[/QUOTE I wonder why anyone would have an issue with Dr. Joe? He was an upstanding gent! Look how nice he treated his children!

harleyanthony
    ?

I have a copy of this photo album,and I am curious as to what it is worth.It is in perfect condition.

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

Sadly, the monetary values of these are fairly low. They are not that hard to find, due to the fact they were popular items for people to collect and build up in the 1930's. I would estimate about £35?

Cheers, Ade.

?

Still a nice historical piece
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

You learn something every day, Nice Album Ade

Any tips as to how to remove sellotape etc from paper would be great