Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

'Der Adler', December 1941

Article about: Hello folks. Have had this one for some time, but haven't gotten round to pulling it out and photographing it. It's a slow day at home, so I thought I'd put it up here. A copy of 'Der Adler'

Default 'Der Adler', December 1941

Hello folks.

Have had this one for some time, but haven't gotten round to pulling it out and photographing it. It's a slow day at home, so I thought I'd put it up here.
    A copy of 'Der Adler', the main propaganda magazine of the Luftwaffe. This one is in Spanish, and is dated for the 16th of December, 1941. Unfortunately a few pages are missing, and others have been cut up. There is also a small rip to the top corner on the back, held together by a piece of very old sticky tape. Otherwise, it's a nice displayable piece.

I keep it, along with most of my other magazines and newspapers, in a large folder under the bed. I simply don't have the room to properly display things like this. I'll take them out on occasion to show those interested, but otherwise they stay tucked away in the dark. Probably better for them in the long run, to be honest.

Regards, B.B.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 'Der Adler', December 1941   'Der Adler', December 1941  

'Der Adler', December 1941   'Der Adler', December 1941  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 'Der Adler', December 1941
    P
    Many

Hello, cool in Spanish !
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Very nice. There is always more.'Der Adler', December 1941'Der Adler', December 1941

You are young. You have much time to collect it all.

Space is a problem, but not as big a problem as the endless desire to collect.

In the past, I bought some in various languages, US, GB, German.
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Indeed. The 'bug', as many of us call it. As if it's some disease. I can think of no other disease that I'd rather have than this one. I'll keep collecting for as long as I can, for as long as my monetary situation allows. Whenever I get around to finding a place of my own to live, I'll be sure to set aside a spare room for it all. And eventually, I'm sure the collection will start to spill out into other rooms.

Individual issues of these magazines seem rather difficult to locate. Or maybe I'm just not looking in the right places. I tend to stick to the same half-dozen dealers, and regularly check eBay at the same time. It's brought me moderate success so far. To this day, I don't believe I've yet been burned by a bad purchase. It limits what I'm able to acquire, but I'd say I've done alright over the last couple of years.

Quote by lebus12 View Post
    In the past, I bought some in various languages, US, GB, German.
    Would be interested to find a British issue! Much closer to home, and then at least I'd be able to read it.

Thank you all for the interest in these little bits and bobs that I dig up. I'm not into helmets, SS gear or Knight's Crosses, but militaria is militaria. Even the small things have their historical value.

B.B.

I collect bound periodicals when I can find them. Our Germans would have a year's run of a thing bound and so forth.
    The pictorial journals are always very interesting. Now all the photos are on line, and more, of course, but how these appeared at the time
    is compelling. I have collected books and periodicals as long as I have collected textile items.
    Happy collecting.'Der Adler', December 1941

Not easy for the scans ....

From 1942 but without any currency, printed in Berlin, I don't know if it is for Jersey(no price in Gpd) or other art of the world!

Other...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast