Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Der Kampf in Westen (best thing before TV)

Article about: Guys, I have a few different ones of these. I suppose they were the in home entertainment of the day before TV. Each volume has 100 stereoscopic pictures which when viewed through the 3d gla

Default Der Kampf in Westen (best thing before TV)

Guys,

I have a few different ones of these. I suppose they were the in home entertainment of the day before TV.

Each volume has 100 stereoscopic pictures which when viewed through the 3d glasses really do work. Quite cool really. Put you right there!

The front cover has the glasses incased with 25 photos, the back cover has the remaining 75 in three of 25 groups.

In between is the story of the action with some colour prints.

I would like people to understand the nature of my random posts. I am sorry for posting unrelated things but when I was a young man I didn't have that much to spend on specific areas (still don't), it was grab what you can. Jack of all master of 'Not' all.

I am now posting hopefuly for collectors reference the items that I have rediscovered while unboxing and reboxing stuff as I redecorated my Hobby room.

I'm sure among the bits and bobs there will be some bent stuff so please let me know where it is when you see it.

Jock
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Der Kampf in Westen (best thing before TV)   Der Kampf in Westen (best thing before TV)  

Der Kampf in Westen (best thing before TV)   Der Kampf in Westen (best thing before TV)  

Der Kampf in Westen (best thing before TV)   Der Kampf in Westen (best thing before TV)  

Der Kampf in Westen (best thing before TV)  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Der Kampf in Westen (best thing before TV)
    P
    Many

Default Re: Der Kampf in Westen (best thing before TV)

Hi Jock,

Don't be sorry for posting these images, they're great! I for one would like to see more, as i've never had the opportunity to view an item like this before, i wouldn't mind betting they're rare, especially in this condition!

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Ned,

They are like everything else now getting harder to find, last one I seen was last summer but with a stupid price tag.
    The one pictured I got in Paderborn just before leaving the forces, €100(thenĀ£75) I thought was a fair price when you consider they were quite expensive in the first place.
    I am having a quiet weekend as the wife has the pig flu symptoms but she is on the mend. Just waiting my turn!! I will dig out others if I can find them..

Jock

I just got a one of these this past weekend. The prices have risen a good amount since 2009.

I must say that remembering the the little 3D Disney things this just blew me away. Seeing soldiers
    in battle dress on a picture is great but in this real as life view you can see each piece of equipment
    carried as if you were there. That made it worth the bucks.
    I did OK ... found some cheaper on line after I purchased at a show but no shipping and the photos are
    in perfect condition as is most of the book ... better than most of the pictures I have of my ex wives.

Wish I could take pictures so you all could see.

Rudy
    "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity & make it work for you."
    Frank Zappa