Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Der Krieg 1939/41 in karten

Article about: I've had this for a while but not shown it - an original 1942 edition of 'The war 1939-41 in Cards' ... a pictorial chronology of Germany's successes in the early years of the war ( "sp

Default Der Krieg 1939/41 in karten

I've had this for a while but not shown it - an original 1942 edition of 'The war 1939-41 in Cards' ... a pictorial chronology of Germany's successes in the early years of the war ( "springtime for Hitler" ) before the tide turned.

It covers all the campaigns from Poland to the lowlands, Norway, North sea, France, Italy, Crete, North Africa as well as plans fro England and the USA!!!

This was reprinted by Melchior Publisher Wolfenbüttel in 2008 and is available via Amazon.de

Their preamble states - Great achievements "of the Wehrmacht during the war years" In vivid and colorful cards that are in this extraordinary Atlas "presented 1939-1941 An absolute specialty.! Maps are commented and exaggerated not in the expected Nazi propaganda tone, but objectively, documentary from a military point of view. using this map work for the German people were the victorious campaigns out before our eyes and shows where the German troops and their opponents were. these fought in distant lands, and the war was still far away from the home."

Very nice but this is the ORIGINAL 1942 edition published by Verlag Knorr & Hirth in Munich ..... and I've not seen many around ( probably NOT required reading in 1944/45 )

Cheers, Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Der Krieg 1939/41 in karten   Der Krieg 1939/41 in karten  

Der Krieg 1939/41 in karten   Der Krieg 1939/41 in karten  

Der Krieg 1939/41 in karten   Der Krieg 1939/41 in karten  

Der Krieg 1939/41 in karten  
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Der Krieg 1939/41 in karten
    P
    Many

I love it!

I have a couple of period maps /atlas items.

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem