MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

From the desk of the Führer. Stationery from the Berghof?

Article about: This piece of letterhead is being offered to Josh. Unfortunately, he is unable to post it at the moment. I volunteered to post it so he can get opinions on it ASAP and then potentially pounc

Default Re: From the desk of the Führer. Stationery from the Berghof?

I dont want to put cold water on this but as I have done foilstamping and embossing to reproduce the image and embossing" is not a hard feat"...just to keep that in mind. Transferring the image is the same as transferring it onto a press plate for offset printing. I would have to see a close up of the back of the embossing to determine..the border around the image of it having a pressed look to it.
    I would like to know why the word Obersalzburg is off center?
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement From the desk of the Führer. Stationery from the Berghof?
    P
    Many

?

Hey everyone, the stationary and flag are being offered to me..... Joe was kind enough to post for me since I was at work.......I have gotten stuff from this gentlemen before, he is a picker of sorts for me. I have only had one bad item in the 3 groupings I have gotten from him.....I know he has marginal knowledge, but I don't think enough to determine if things are real or fake unless they are obvious.....I think he is asking quite a bit for what this is..... he wants $300 for the flag and stationary..... opinions on price? Thanks everyone for all the responses and help with this,I greatly appreciate all of you!!!!

?

Quote by Newbie View Post
    Hey everyone, the stationary and flag are being offered to me.....I think he is asking quite a bit for what this is..... he wants $300 for the flag and stationary..... opinions on price?
    Assuming originality, scarce items, perhaps even unique (how many desk flags could there have been at the Berghof?), are never easy to value. There is no guideline as with an EKII for example. However, I believe that the true value is whatever somebody is willing to pay for the piece - for they will value it in their own way.

Regards,

Carl

The price seems "OK" to me in this day and age.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Larry C View Post
    I dont want to put cold water on this but as I have done foilstamping and embossing to reproduce the image and embossing" is not a hard feat"...just to keep that in mind. Transferring the image is the same as transferring it onto a press plate for offset printing. I would have to see a close up of the back of the embossing to determine..the border around the image of it having a pressed look to it.
    I would like to know why the word Obersalzburg is off center?
    I agree, embossing and foilblocking is simple to replicate as it is still a common technique in the printing trade. The dia stamp for this letterhead would cost about £30-40 from any jobbing print company.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2