Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

DKiS Urkunde for Berger: What do you think?

Article about: by bikerboyzx6r I hope it works out, Its a cracking item Dan Same here, good luck!!!

schnellmann
    ?

Default DKiS Urkunde for Berger: What do you think?

I have this vintage, original DK in Silver Certificate, awarded to SS General Gottlob Berger. Before you start saying "fake" let me mention that the graphics of the DK, and his name & rank, are printed in SILVER ink. That makes it look strange, but since most of you have never seen a SILVER DK, or a certificate for it I thought I should mention that. I was wondering what it is worth? Another member stated 3000 GPB. that seems terribly high to me, but then I really do not know. This certificate is rather large - approx. 9" x 12", and has some wear & abuse. I think you can see the small tear.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DKiS Urkunde for Berger: What do you think?  

2. # ADS

Default re: DKiS Urkunde for Berger: What do you think?

Well, he certainly received the cross in silver, whether or not it is an original certificate, i would not like to comment, but given the man's track record, and the fact he was tried as a war criminal at the end of WW2, I would say if real, 3000 is a low figure

?

I have seen quite a few DKiS and DKiG Urkunden over the years. I realize you don't want to hear this, but I believe this one has several faults which indicate it as being a forgery. Apart from that, I saw what I was sure was the authentic DKiS Urkunde for Berger quite a few years ago in a famous private collection. It was not this one.
    W.

schnellmann
    ?

Quote by John Brandon View Post
    Well, he certainly received the cross in silver, whether or not it is an original certificate, i would not like to comment, but given the man's track record, and the fact he was tried as a war criminal at the end of WW2, I would say if real, 3000 is a low figure
    I wish I could put it side-by-side with that GC certificate. I am certain you woulld see they are virtually the same - except for the Silver ink... The biggest diff between the two is NCO vs SS General.

schnellmann
    ?

Quote by Woske View Post
    I have seen quite a few DKiS and Deutsche Kreuz in Gold Urkunden over the years. I realize you don't want to hear this, but I believe this one has several faults which indicate it as being a forgery. Apart from that, I saw what I was sure was the authentic DKiS Urkunde for Berger quite a few years ago in a famous private collection. It was not this one.
    W.
    Well, how about posting the so-called real certificate next to mine, and let us see why MY certificate is a phoney? I really doubt if you can, or will do this. Mine looks just like the GC shown elsewhere right now. How do you know the one you saw "somewhere in a private collection" was genuine?

Easy Tiger

you put it up for opinions

My answer always is, it's not for me to prove it wrong, it's for you to prove it's fake.................. Try that one, you may get some answers

Jan
    ?

Quote by John Brandon View Post
    Easy Tiger

you put it up for opinions

My answer always is, it's not for me to prove it wrong, it's for you to prove it's fake.................. Try that one, you may get some answers
    My opinion too

Rgds Jan

jh92
    ?

Quote by Woske View Post
    I have seen quite a few DKiS and Deutsche Kreuz in Gold Urkunden over the years. I realize you don't want to hear this, but I believe this one has several faults which indicate it as being a forgery. Apart from that, I saw what I was sure was the authentic DKiS Urkunde for Berger quite a few years ago in a famous private collection. It was not this one.
    W.
    Well what are the so called faults?

Looks good.... Problem is with items like this.... The doubters! Always concerned when these items get posted up without watermarks on them... Give a faker half a chance & that item will become copied in days!!!
    Doubters do a good job of making the owner prove the originality of an item! I think what JAN & co. are saying is that you havent offered anything in way of that!
    Cheers
    Dan

Email him asking if he would be interested in looking at it: The BBC use him.
    bbh1122@aol.com
    Antiques Roadshow | PBS

I hope it works out, Its a cracking item
    Dan

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast