Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Does this Swastika variation belong to a certain Third Reich organization?

Article about: This photo was taken in Germany in the 1930's. Does this Swastika variation(rotating sun?) with swords belong to a certain Third Reich organization? Please forgive the blurry photo

Question Does this Swastika variation belong to a certain Third Reich organization?

This photo was taken in Germany in the 1930's. Does this Swastika variation(rotating sun?) with swords belong to a certain Third Reich organization? Please forgive the blurry photo
    Does this Swastika variation belong to a certain Third Reich organization?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Does this Swastika variation belong to a certain Third Reich organization?
    P
    Many

?

Not an organisation, but probably something to do with Sommer Sonnenwende (summer solstice) which was a pagen? rite involving bonfires, re-introduced (or latched upon) by the Nazi party.
    Pete

This looks much like the symbol of the KdF-Kraft durch Freude (Strength Through Joy) Organization, the Party's recreation/leisure organization for workers under the auspices of the DAF/German Labor Front...
    cheers, Glenn

?

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    This is the symbol of the Kraft durch Freude (KdF) Organization, the Party's recreation/leisure organization for workers under the auspices of the DAF/German Labor Front...
    cheers, Glenn
    I don't think that's the KdF symbol, Glenn. It looks similar but a bit different.

The way the arms of the swastika are tapered reminds me of some of the Hoheitsabzeichen worn by Party members.

Thanks Erno...I stand corrected and have changed my post accordingly...Perhaps it is indeed a Solstice Symbol as mentioned above...
    cheers, Glenn

Thank you everybody!

?

Default Book cover

Just my two cents...G
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Does this Swastika variation belong to a certain Third Reich organization?  

Those headdresses the women are wearing are a bit weird....
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Just another find... G
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Does this Swastika variation belong to a certain Third Reich organization?  

It doesn't ring any bells in terms of being for any specific Nazi organization, and it is most definitely not the KdF symbol. I tend towards it being of a wholly artistic/decorative/ceremonial nature.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast