Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Eastern front infantry album picutres - lots of interesting stuff

Article about: Hi, So this bunch of stuff has been in the misc. file at work for a long time. All are from the 1942-3 time frame, noted on the back in many cases, but I can't read the scribble. So do your

Default Eastern front infantry album picutres - lots of interesting stuff

Hi,

So this bunch of stuff has been in the misc. file at work for a long time. All are from the 1942-3 time frame, noted on the back in many cases, but I can't read the scribble. So do your best. I think some of these units were wiped out at stalingrad. No idea who took them, they were taken fom a German officer by a P-47 pilot in June '45 There are a lot so part one today part two tomorrow or the weekend.
    I hope the front and backs correspond But I don't think so. the 'inline' loader doesn't follow my letter sequence - sorry.
    Awards ceremonies:

Eastern front infantry album picutres - lots of interesting stuff2I.jpg2H.jpgEastern front infantry album picutres - lots of interesting stuffEastern front infantry album picutres - lots of interesting stuffEastern front infantry album picutres - lots of interesting stuffEastern front infantry album picutres - lots of interesting stuff2C.jpgEastern front infantry album picutres - lots of interesting stuffEastern front infantry album picutres - lots of interesting stuffEastern front infantry album picutres - lots of interesting stuffEastern front infantry album picutres - lots of interesting stuffEastern front infantry album picutres - lots of interesting stuffEastern front infantry album picutres - lots of interesting stuffEastern front infantry album picutres - lots of interesting stuffEastern front infantry album picutres - lots of interesting stuff

- - Updated - -

Generals behaving Generally - I'll try to link the Eastern front infantry album picutres - lots of interesting stuffEastern front infantry album picutres - lots of interesting stufffronts and backs in spereate posts.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eastern front infantry album picutres - lots of interesting stuff
    P
    Many

Default Re: Eastern front infantry album picutres - lots of interesting stuff

more generals sorry front is corrupt I'll try to fix it later.
    Eastern front infantry album picutres - lots of interesting stuff2C.jpg

these previewed okay:

Eastern front infantry album picutres - lots of interesting stuffEastern front infantry album picutres - lots of interesting stuff

For whatever reason these will not embed as images, but if you click on them they open as images in a speerate window. Sorry, in the image uploader they show as questions marks witgh no thumbnail preview. Not sure why - some sort of file corruption I guess.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by asterperious; 07-27-2012 at 09:48 PM.

Great pics Lots of insignia and awards to feast the eyes on

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Some excellent photos here !! The early ones from 1942 to early 1943 show the 260 Infanterie Divison whcih at that time was fighting on the Central sector of the Eastern Front at Spass -Demensk and Mogilew.

The photos of the General with the RK from the early 1942 photos show Walter Hahm who was commanding the Division during that period , he won the RK on 15/11/1941 whilst commanding IR 480 one of the the Regiments of 260 ID !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

The photos from late 1942 to 1943 the General Officer is Dietrich von Choltitz RK 18/51940 during the French Campaign .
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

?

At some stage the photographer has then served with the 389 ID as the two portrait type phots of the RK's show Lt Willi Rothaar , RK 15/9/44 whilst leading 3 (MG) Kompanie Gren Regt 544 and Oberleutant Hermann Grothaus RK 10/9/44 whilst commanding 11 Batterie Arty Regt 389.

From the types of photos it is probable that the photographer was an Officer on the Regimental or Divisional Stab or an attached Kriegsberichter.

At this time 389 ID has been fighting as part of 16th Armee in Latvia . The 389 ID was one of the Stalingrad Divisions and was destroyed in the Kessel !!

- - Updated - -

I love the splinter pattern camo cap worn by Rothaar as well !!

1st July 1916

?

Superb photos! Thank you for sharing these. I look forward to veiwing them more thoroughly.

Nice ID's Paul, And I agree....the Rothaar photos are outstanding (especially the camo mutze portrait)

?

Some excellent shots of RK award ceremonies but i just can't work out the names on the back of the photos , hopefullu Andreas will come along to assist !!

1st July 1916

Great images!

Great photos indeed. And if someone can make the images of the writing a bit larger--I might be able to help out with some info.