MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

everage value for a W-SS recruitement Poster

Article about: Hello Gentlemen, I need an info about the everage value of this type of W-SS recruitement poster please. It's not my stuff, but I like it and have not found the same one the forum . Thank yo

Question everage value for a W-SS recruitement Poster

Hello Gentlemen,

I need an info about the everage value of this type of W-SS recruitement poster please.

It's not my stuff, but I like it and have not found the same one the forum .

Thank you very much.

P.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture everage value for a W-SS recruitement Poster   everage value for a W-SS recruitement Poster  

everage value for a W-SS recruitement Poster   everage value for a W-SS recruitement Poster  

everage value for a W-SS recruitement Poster  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement everage value for a W-SS recruitement Poster
    P
    Many

I have no idea on value but I would be VERY wary in this area.. I suspect genuine posters are EXTREMELY scarce (not the type of things you can imagaine people hanging onto after the war), and this particular poster is a "famous" example, which has seen many fakes floating around.

Not saying this one is fake (that is beyond my experience and knowledge) but just be careful!

I'm not an expert on these SS posters but at first glance I see no APPARENT problems --- of course, other more experienced period paper/poster collectors would have to chime in to give a real verdict... probably lots of fakes floating around of this one.

No exact quote on value either but i have seen examples for sale and they were well into 1000s of dollars. Poster collecting is surely not cheap but genuine pieces are lovely indeed --- good luck!

Smile

IMO is the Poster guenine, no problem, but the seller is asking 1400.- €, what is, in my opinion highly overpriced.
    And I have no price comparison for such item or the same SS poster.
    So thank you very for this first estimation !

You're very welcome. I might be inclined to agree that that might be a bit high --- depends on if it's dealer or private I guess. I just don't know the printing run on this type, no doubt a desirable piece though... quite the iconic piece!

Thank you!
    Of course, more opinions will be welcome.

To be certain you need to examine the printing technique used under an eye loupe, Offset Lithography was used mainly I believe, " quadrichrome " has been used on the ones I own