Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Fallschirmjager award documents

Article about: Hi everyone,i picked up this pair of documents today to a certain Gefreiten Karl Eisenfeller of the 2/Fallsch.Jg.Rgt 3. The group is obviously incomplete as there is an award for the EK1 but

?

Default Re: Fallschirmjager award documents

It was published a couple of years ago and refers solely to I / FSJ 3 !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fallschirmjager award documents
    P
    Many

Thanks for the link Paul,i have just ordered the book,lets hope I can find my chap in there!! Even if he's not mentioned it still looks like a great reference, Cheers, Leon.

?

Nice pair of documents Leon - well done.

Personally, I wouldn't chance steaming the paper off - bit risky that and would be a great shame to spoil the pieces you have just acquired. The card doesn't detract too much anyway, and will at least help to keep them nice and flat!

Regards,

Carl

Agreed Carl,it was only a fleeting thought,until I "sobered up!" Just not worth the risk damageing these lovely historical pieces. Leon.

FJ items are always nice to get. As for the signatures I'm afraid that they are not handsigned. Both bear stamped signatures although with the Student one it is always difficult to be 100% certain due to his 'small' signature.

Quote by hucks216 View Post
    FJ items are always nice to get. As for the signatures I'm afraid that they are not handsigned. Both bear stamped signatures although with the Student one it is always difficult to be 100% certain due to his 'small' signature.
    Hi Hucks,i think the Student signature is also a print but i'm not to bothered about that.I'm more interested in the man who won the awards and any history I can attribute to him(hopefully).That said,had the signatures been those of Hitler/Rommel etc,i would be most disappointed that they were prints!!! Leon.

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Hi Hucks,i think the Student signature is also a print but i'm not to bothered about that.I'm more interested in the man who won the awards and any history I can attribute to him(hopefully).That said,had the signatures been those of Hitler/Rommel etc,i would be most disappointed that they were prints!!! Leon.
    Found some information on Karl Eisenfeller and a couple of pictures!!!! Just waiting for the book with some of his memories in to arrive from amazon.I also found out that the documents that are missing from the group are a Kreta cuff title award/Luftwaffe ground assault badge and as I had already mentioned at the beginning(as it was obvious) an EK2 award. Such a shame this historical grouping has been split up. Leon
    Attached Images Attached Images Fallschirmjager award documents  Fallschirmjager award documents 

?

Excellent Leon !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2